ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bits - Ultra Recall

<< < (3/7) > >>

Josh:
To those using ultra recall, does UR include the ability to attach files to a new item within the program and, if so, does UR include a built-in viewer for common file types such as jpg, pdf, office docs, txt, etc?

tomos:
[...] I store all my important documents in it. I can search for any document within Ultra Recall and usually find it faster than otherwise. Of course I only use the documents stored in UR for reference; if I need to revise and resend anything I will still use the original document in its native app.-J-Mac (January 15, 2012, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

that would bother me.
just curious:

* does the file in UR contain a link to the original file?
* can you search the body of the file?

J-Mac:
You have a choice whether to Link or Copy documents, emails, web pages, etc. to Ultra Recall.

You can search for all or any words whether in the title or body of any document. Also you can have it search as you type or wait till finished and then click "Search".

Jim

J-Mac:
Oops - another little irritant I just discovered, though it is actually a Microsoft thing, not directly an Ultra Recall thing. Prior to this I could open and edit any Microsoft document (Word, Excel, Outlook - never tried PPT or PUB) within Ultra Recall. Nice feature, not having to open the Office app associated with the file. Now however with Office 2010, Microsoft has disallowed opening any file outside of the associated Office 2010 app.   :(   >:(

Ultra Recall uses Internet Explorer as it's internal browser and so used that to open/edit Microsoft Office files. Now Microsoft no longer allows Office files to open in IE - safety/security thing apparently, or so Microsoft claims. A real PITA though. Now clicking on an Office file inside Ultra Recall opens the file in its native app - Word, Excel, etc. Not a tremendous hardship but it is nice to be able to do it all in UR. Hopefully someone finds a hack for this!

Thank you.

Jim

tomos:
You have a choice whether to Link or Copy documents, emails, web pages, etc. to Ultra Recall.-J-Mac (January 15, 2012, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

that sounds better (choice). I have 100's of files linked to InfoQube and was able to successfully move machines in the summer. You are limited by using links, e.g. you can't easily change the file/folder structure, and have to open files externally.
At least you have the choice :up:

If that IE unable to read office files is with IE9 you could revert to IE8...
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version