ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alertbear - the *different* RSS reader - free!

<< < (2/4) > >>

brotherS:
And I think it runs a bit heavy on its own - 35mb at the moment on my system.
-m_s (March 27, 2006, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh? Less than 5 MB here...

Nice looking - particularly like the feed history panel, which is neatly arranged and simple.  But I haven't yet found a RSS reader that beats GreatNews...

--- End quote ---
Well, I already quoted them above: "We also believe that RSS is not email" - so they are using a different approach. So far, I like it.

Thanks for sharing their EULA with us!  ;D

Gerome:
Hey brotherS!

Oh? Less than 5 MB here...
-brotherS (March 27, 2006, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

We were talking about the .NET framework required before executing this tool, not the sizeof the effective software.
BTW, 80 Mb .net runtimes + 5 Mb software to read RSS : still too much for me, there are tiniest appz that do the same job even lighter ^^

allen:
Well, I already quoted them above: "We also believe that RSS is not email" - so they are using a different approach. So far, I like it.
-brotherS (March 27, 2006, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

While RSS certainly isn't e-mail, I've always preferred an email-esque approach to it -- particularly when dealing with lots and lots of feeds.  Filtering is always nice, then.

moerl:
And I think it runs a bit heavy on its own - 35mb at the moment on my system.  Nice looking - particularly like the feed history panel, which is neatly arranged and simple.  But I haven't yet found a RSS reader that beats GreatNews...
-m_s (March 27, 2006, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's easy. FeedDemon :)

m_s:
Is FeedDemon really that good?  I've played with it quite a bit, but I wasn't sure at the end of all that whether it was any better than GreatNews (at many times the price!).  Again, I thought it ran quite heavy, which I really don't need in a feed reader...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version