ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Lost My Faith - Need New Religion - Need LAMP Help...

<< < (5/6) > >>

wraith808:
I'm at Softlayer. They do dedicated servers, so... Not sure... I have to move to get a VPS.

At the moment, I'm working on moving everything on one server to another just to consolidate them. That way I can drop the old server, and save on those costs. Then get a VPS (or another server) and move everything from the other server there.
-Renegade (January 10, 2012, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

At liquidweb, they have both.  And they have what's called smartservers, which is what I'm using for one right now (some places have the same thing under a different name).  But what it does is let you apportion servers whenever you want, and they charge you a rate per day- it comes out to the same thing that I had for a month in the end, so they're just pro-rating the amount.  The advantage from what I was told was that unlike the regular VPS they used to use, this guarantees the processor time and RAM.  I'm really happy with them.

http://www.liquidweb.com/SmartServers/index.html

As for the other, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.  The purchases weren't hidden, which I'm sure if it were as diabolical as some think, it would have been (and could have easily been).

I did have to add one question...

SpoilerThese things are specifically and intentionally designed to produce toxins/poisons.
--- End quote ---

Source?  I didn't see that in any of the (admittedly shallow) research I did into it after this thread.  I saw that the main opposition amongst the non-gaia types is the lack of testing by outside parties, but nothing that said that they were to produce toxins/poisons, but rather to introduce characteristics that were not a part of the organism by the modification, so I'm curious.

Eóin:
Spoiler+1 for wraiths question.

Also since when is wishing to not see the already chronic overpopulation problem in many 3rd world countries from getting worse a sin?

Renegade:
I'm at Softlayer. They do dedicated servers, so... Not sure... I have to move to get a VPS.

At the moment, I'm working on moving everything on one server to another just to consolidate them. That way I can drop the old server, and save on those costs. Then get a VPS (or another server) and move everything from the other server there.
-Renegade (January 10, 2012, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

At liquidweb, they have both.  And they have what's called smartservers, which is what I'm using for one right now (some places have the same thing under a different name).  But what it does is let you apportion servers whenever you want, and they charge you a rate per day- it comes out to the same thing that I had for a month in the end, so they're just pro-rating the amount.  The advantage from what I was told was that unlike the regular VPS they used to use, this guarantees the processor time and RAM.  I'm really happy with them.

http://www.liquidweb.com/SmartServers/index.html

As for the other, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.  The purchases weren't hidden, which I'm sure if it were as diabolical as some think, it would have been (and could have easily been).

I did have to add one question...

-wraith808 (January 10, 2012, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link there. I'll look into it.

Question on built in toxins
I've seen the answer in several sources, but to be honest, I've been going through so many materials so quickly for so long, that I totally forget where the references are now.

However, here's a quick simple reference:

www . dowagro.com/herculex/about/heruclexxtra/ < Please check that site - I don't want to give it any link juice.

On there, you'll read:

"You get high-yielding genetics and the only in-plant insect protection against:"

Translating that into reality... "in-plant insect protection" and "genetics" means that the plant is genetically engineered to produce toxins to kill insects.

Let me say that again...

The plant itself produces toxins to kill insects.

That is, the plant itself is toxic. It produces poisons in a frankenstein-natural sort of way. The plant's toxins kill insects. It's like eating pesticide. No, sorry... It's not "like" eating pesticide - it IS eating pesticide.

That link above is part of the whole Monsanto thing. There are many more just like it.

Some of the Monsanto technologies come from Bayer... an offshoot of IG Farben, who were your friendly neighbourhood Auschwitz company.

If I were to be completely cynical, I'd say (FAIR WARNING - to read - highlight from here) they're trying to put the gas chambers in the food itself (over to here).

But all that is just the beginning. It only goes downhill from there.

I hope that one example is enough to illustrate that I'm not completely insane.

@EóinThere is a fundamental difference between poisoning people and trying to make people sterile, and trying to limit population growth through ethical means.

I don't want to get into that debate there, but I think I've made my position on the topic sufficiently clear. There are ethical ways to do things, and evil ways to do things.

Renegade:
Still in the process of migrating sites & whatnot over to one server...

Put on tinfoil hat - here's one reference to questions/comments from abovehttp://www.psfk.com/2010/06/research-links-genetically-modified-food-to-long-term-sterility.html

wraith808:
SpoilerFollowing the trail of references from the article above, I found the following- first it goes to the voice of russia as the final reference, and every other reference to the agencies that were mentioned in that article as having done the experiments links to that same page.  I can't even find reference other than linking to that article, of the agency mentioned.  The second point I would say even in the results of the experiment is that they had four control groups, and 3 results.  The third point I would make is this quote from one of the doctors involved in the research quoted on http://www.responsibletechnology.org/blog/18

Surov warns against jumping to early conclusions. He said, “It is quite possible that the GMO does not cause these effects by itself.” Surov wants to make the analysis of the feed components a priority, to discover just what is causing the effect and how.

--- End quote ---

Now, none of this is me saying that the results are wrong, or that they are trying to be misleading or jumping to conclusions.  It's just quite interesting.  Especially not seeing the results of the study on any medical/academic website, when such papers are usually released to them- only on anti-GMO websites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version