ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Lost My Faith - Need New Religion - Need LAMP Help...

<< < (3/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I'm using WordPress on two of the company sites. I managed to hack together a theme for one of the sites myself, but the main site we had done professionally. Both are quite stable ... But their graphics are better. :)

I'm planning to do another WP site for a freelance project ... So I'll go with the pro WordPress group.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I was planning to be quiet, because I didn't really want to get into this. But...)

Google's mail hosting I wouldn't touch with a 4,000 foot pole. I've got one client that was/is trying to use it. An frankly, from an administrative stand point it's total shit. Basic idiot simple operations like delete/create a mailbox are over complicated to a level that best I can tell takes years to fix.

I had one user with what appeared to be a corrupt mailbox. I could send mail to any account but theirs. Theirs came back as nonexistant. Okay... Simple, delete and recreate the mailbox (I've done it on Exchange several times, it takes 2 seconds). There's nothing to backup because the box is (only a week old) empty. Ha! Wrong. You can't do that ... Oh sure you can delete the box ... But you can't recreate it for 5 days (per G-help). Except 5 days later I still couldn't recreate it. 10 days? No. 30 days? No. 5 months later it still ain't happening. More help digging reveals that after a box has been created and deleted, you can never create another box with that name ever again. You have to create some manner of alias group, chain it to another box, and add it to that at midnight of the 3rd Tuesday of the Martian solar year while waving a chicken above your head in the moonlight naked. Or some other convoluted horse shit that I got tired of reading because it was way to many stepe for a simple operation that shouldn't have needed to be done on a week old mailbox that was part of a mail domain that only had 6 users. Two of which still don't work over a year later.

Google can bite me.

mahesh2k:
@SJ, you're talking about google app mail hosting? or postini mail hosting? I'm asking that because in case of google apps for domain, mailbox is same like gmail. There is no change of features in case of Gapps. Everything works perfectly just like an average gmail account. I don't know how come these problems exist for g apps hosting.

mouser:
I'm writing my own user/content management system (yumps) that will be open source.

Now who can get me $30,000 in funding for it?  :-*

Stoic Joker:
@SJ, you're talking about google app mail hosting? or postini mail hosting? I'm asking that because in case of google apps for domain, mailbox is same like gmail. There is no change of features in case of Gapps. Everything works perfectly just like an average gmail account. I don't know how come these problems exist for g apps hosting.-mahesh2k (January 09, 2012, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... Not sure which one is which. Google is hosting the mail domain (ClientsDomainName.com) for the client in question (so all MX records point to Gworld). My fight is with the administrative (lack of) control panel. Client is using Outlook to send/receive mail, so nobody uses or cares about the webmail UI.

Is that what you were after...or did I miss the question? (today's not going well)

mahesh2k:
Yes, that's right, I'm talking about webmail. I agree with lack of features in dashboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version