ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (15/18) > >>

cranioscopical:
Mouser,
Nice one!
That looks pretty damned good to me  :Thmbsup:

My first reaction to setting overlaps, scrolls, margins etc. remains one of mild shock. A few trips round the block will cure me of that but I'm with Ath — a first-time user will need all the help that you can provide (as will I).

Mouser-ish eyes onlyFirst, if you're not mouser, why the heck are you reading this?  ;D

No doubt you'll soon be addressing more clipboard formats  ;)

Current read count = 57

Ath:
 :up:
Mouser-ish eyes only ;D :P
-cranioscopical (January 26, 2012, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

mouser:
I am going to make a video showing how to use the features -- and ill try to provide quick help from that dialog so people can learn more.

Ath:
Just found another though cookie to scroll-crack: Visual Studio 2010. It's WPF based to start with, and when scrolling it tries to keep the last line as the first line of the next page :(

I did an 'autodetect' for the scrolling method, and the default seemed just fine, setting the number of pages correct (after a test-scroll) does definitely improve the steps of guessing margins and overlap, but I can't get it to do the actual overlap correct: the overlap is not correctly guessed, and manually changing something only corrects the one that you're looking at.
I made a few snippets after making a code screenshot:
Seam of page 1 and 2:

The seam is a bit too wide, the red boxes are copies of the same size, the green box is about the diff
Seam of page 2 and 3

There is some overlap to be resolved, as there is actually only one line saying that, not 2
Seam of page 3 and 4

More of the overlap is resolved, but still no sigar.

If I manually adjust so the third overlap is correct, only about half of the second overlap is covered. The first overlap is quite hard to view/correct.

Tomorrow or Monday (don't know when/if I have enough time to be playing with this) at work I'll try to scroll-capture another WPF application, to see if that is working somewhat better.

mouser:
Ok so a few things to try:

1. remember the LAST page overlap may be different from rest -- so when you get to last page use the special last page overlap setting.

2. if you find that you cant get the overlap values to line up stuff -- it's possible your MARGINS for top and bottom are off. try tweaking those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version