ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (13/18) > >>

Ath:
Ctrl-Click is apparently caught by IE to select text. Solution (by mouser) is to use the gear button, but that's kinda out of reach with a maximized window
--- End quote ---

the new beta should show the button even on maximized window now doesn't it?
-mouser (January 17, 2012, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

This beta improvement that made it into Minicap would be "Nice to Have" on SSC too, btw, now that you asked :D

mouser:
Why not keep the current selection method, and replace the old Scrolling capture with the New And Improved! Scrolling capture? Should leave any previous workflow the same, imho.
--- End quote ---

Yeah i guess that's mostly what i was suggesting.. The only change would be like so:

OLD METHOD:

Trigger an object/scrolling capture, see red box, move red box to where you want it, click for object capture, or shift+ctrl+click for scrolling capture, or menu for text capture.

NEW PROPOSED METHOD:

Trigger an object/scrolling capture, see red box, move red box to where you want it, click to select.  Then get presented with a dialog with your 3 choices of copy object/region previously selected, or do a scrolling capture of the region previously selected, or do a text capture of the object selected.

ANOTHER POSSIBILITY:

Trigger an object/scrolling capture, then get presented with a dialog with your 3 choices of copy object/region, or do a scrolling capture , or do a text capture, then get shown red box to position.

Ath:
Hm, is it down to that gritty detail :huh: :)

Presenting a dialog before the capture start would be really disrupting to the workflow, as it would be the only SSC capture method that presents a selection dialog before starting the actual capture (fwik). Adding that selection after making the red box selection and starting one of the Capture methods would be less disrupting imho.

Can't you add semi-floating buttons to the red box border (green rectangles in the image) or change the Suggestion/Tip-text labels into buttons (dark-blue rectangles around the labels), beats a Ctrl-Shift-Click any day :-*

Putting the labels a bit more into view on maximized Windows would be required in that case.

mouser:
Ath, that is a good idea, but my first instinct is to minimize the options and features of that red box window that follows the cursor around, just because i worry about it being confusing.  Let's see if my new version is adequate.

New beta of Screenshot Captor is up that uses the new Scrolling Capture system:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/downloads/beta/ScreenshotCaptorSetup.exe

The new system is also used to capture "objects" even when you don't want to do scrolling.

In order to make workflow efficient, instead of the fun introductory dialog that was shown in the first scrolling capture implementation -- now you get the red box right away, and after you select an object you get a dialog.

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

One improvement in workflow is that it's now easier to understand how to do multiple OBJECT captures in a row -- useful if you want to grab various regions of a window -- and there is natural place for me to add features on window objects -- like adding an option to "capture all children windows", on the post-object-selection dialog.

Let me know what you think!

mouser:
Tip:  I've found that firefox (and maybe other tools) sometimes fails to scroll unless you click on the web page background before beginning the actually automatic scrolling process.  I'm going to try to figure out why and fix but just a heads up you may have to do this manually if you find it not scrolling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version