ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (5/18) > >>

mouser:
I'm happy to report that so far auto-guessing of margins and overlaps is working pretty well.

This is *extremely* good news -- it means that it should be able to handle the easy/common cases mostly automatically, while still letting advanced users handle really tricky cases manually.

:up:

mouser:
Regarding:

I would love to have some examples from people who have use cases where they would like to perform a scrolling capture but existing tools (other screenshot tools) have failed them --- so I can test the new method on these.
--- End quote ---

This includes horizontal scrolling capture, which I know some other tools have trouble with.

[I just used the new code to quickly grab a perfect scrolling capture of cnn.com homepage from firefox where there was horizontal and vertical scrolling].

ewemoa:
I'm happy to report that so far auto-guessing of margins and overlaps is working pretty well.

This is *extremely* good news -- it means that it should be able to handle the easy/common cases mostly automatically, while still letting advanced users handle really tricky cases manually.
-mouser (January 15, 2012, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Woohoo!

ewemoa:
1. Much too much work involved manually changing options to get the final result.
2. Requires skill and a non-trivial understanding of the process to tweak the assembly settings.
-mouser link=topic=29550.msg274812#msg274812
--- End quote ---

Possibility of profiles / templates being created / restored / shared among users?

If SSC shipped with some that corresponded to concrete use-cases, may be people could tweak for their own use -- simplifying the procedure for some cases and learning about the functionality at the same time.

cranioscopical:
How do existing tools perform on a scrolling capture of the ctrl+alt+delete task list?
-mouser (January 15, 2012, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Snagit handles that one with aplomb…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version