ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (8/18) > >>

mouser:
So will we also be able to save the uncombined pages as individual files?
--- End quote ---

can someone shed some light on a scenario where that would be useful?

Ath:
So will we also be able to save the uncombined pages as individual files?
--- End quote ---

-mouser (January 17, 2012, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Where you'd want to use some other panorama software to stitch it together?
* Or desperately need a different kind of stitch (not seamless) (that's just a crap reason, wanted to write at least 2 good ones)
* Can't paste the combined image into another document/cms/blog, but the parts would fit just about right (MS Word anyone?)

Ath:
Oh, and for the first reason it would be necessary to save the raw, unaltered, images/parts, and for the last reason it's required to save the images after the margins and overlaps are applied, but without the actual stitching has happened :tellme:

tomos:
-mouser
--- End quote ---
[...]
Can't paste the combined image into another document/cms/blog, but the parts would fit just about right (MS Word anyone?)
-Ath (January 17, 2012, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

one I thought of too (plus one I mean!)

Ath:
Hm, With FireFox 9 it's improved (from the previous beta) on the overlap detection, but the horizontal scroll is way out of line, in fact I have to disable that to get it to do the margins and overlap at least a bit OK. When leaving the vertical scrolls on the default of 10 pages, it kind of gets confused. Setting it to the actual 3 is perfect ofcourse, but 4 or 5 it can handle. The margins are still troublesome though, all but the bottom margin is way off, like a top margin of 19 where 86 is needed, and a left and right margin of 2 where 9 is perfect.
After correcting the margins the Guess Overlap is perfect though. :up:

Internet Explorer 8: (I still refuse to upgrade to crap-o-rama 9 :mad:)
Same issues with selecting for Start Capture as Stoic had:

Ctrl-Click is apparently caught by IE to select text. Solution (by mouser) is to use the gear button, but that's kinda out of reach with a maximized window :-[
Selecting the IE8 internal browser area, and doing a scrolled capture, disabling horizontal scroll though (same issues as with FireFox), and leaving vertical scrolling at the default of 10, works just fine. It grabs 3 pages as expected (DC frontpage). Guess Margins did a fine job. Guess Overlap merged it all together just fine.
Doing a longer page capture, I had (could have been expected) to increase the vertical scrolls to 20 to fetch it all.
Guess Margins and Guess Overlap was almost right, mostly off-by-one, so some textlines where a bit compressed.
When setting the vertical scrolls to the expected number of pages (17 in my case) both guesses where exactly right! (And was that unexpected?)

Capturing IE8's outside Windows frame, it requires the method to be changed to 'Simulate Keypresses (PgUp/PgDn)' to get the scrolling to work, but the Guess Margins is off by a few centimeters (instead of pixels) on the top and bottom margins, and the left and right margins by about 6 pixels, but after correcting that and setting the near correct number of 'pages' beforehand, the Guess Overlap is perfect. The method of selecting the inner page only is way better.

It might be worthwile to 'pre-detect' the actual number of pages that are in the scrollable object, and suggesting that automatically :tellme:

Scroll Capturing a (wide) readme file from NotePad++ was rather un-eventfull, it captured the page in the first try, and with correct margins/overlap both maximized and non-maximized. So not much to say there......  :Thmbsup:
Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

(Hm, a bit longer story then I thought :huh:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version