ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Kopimism - a newly-formalised religion

<< < (3/7) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I think the main goal is to make a point against the tightening of copyright and other internet-banning laws, and try using some of the exemptions of religion to make said point.
After all, claiming that something is against your religion gives you exemptions of some laws. And religions are harder to sue.-iphigenie (January 08, 2012, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh sure, I understand the goal...and think the strategy is quite clever. I just find it rather troubling that "we" had to go there/that far just to ensure a bargaining position for something that should have been (according to now quickly becoming silly historical scribblings like the US constitution) a completely laughable non-issue.

The devil we knew, has been swapped for a lessor evil ... And that strikes me as being much like voting yes to castration as a birth control method. Sure it'll work just fine. ...But Damn!

40hz:
Hmm...I think I'm going to go back to declaring myself a Rasta-Judeo-Presbyterian-Islamic-Taoist-Bhuddist-Wiccan. And maybe do a quick LLC filing for a new faith-based organization. Something like The First Congregation of the Divine Revelation and Celestial Harmony. (Which resonates at 40hz in the frequency spectrum - in case you hadn't already guessed. :P)

Don't laugh. It could be done!
  Cults are soooo easy to set up...8)

That way I can (at my discretion) take offense at anything anybody says or does to me - and demand protection under constitutional and international law.

So...anybody interested in becoming a member of my new clergy? Reasonable rates! And, this month only, we're running a special on elevations to the rank of bishop. 50% off through January 31, 2012.  

Don't delay! ;D

cmpm:
I have no problem with the goal. Not sure what else is behind it though.
The unknown factors....
The problem is people can change the strategy and then the goal could vary.
Or even change the goal depending on the people involved or will be.
'Religions' can change focus, without anyone noticing, something to watch for.

Like google, used to be just a nice search engine.
Now they want a piece of every transaction on the net.
Even .01% is millions.
A free service.....for good reason.

Just saying, or 'free' advise :) , be careful about things.

cmpm:
Hmm...I think I'm going to go back to declaring myself a Rasta-Judeo-Presbyterian-Islamic-Taoist-Bhuddist-Wiccan. And maybe do a quick LLC filing for a new faith-based organization. Something like The First Congregation of the Divine Revelation and Celestial Harmony. (Which resonates at 40hz in the frequency spectrum - in case you hadn't already guessed. :P)

That way I can (at my discretion) take offense at anything anybody says or does to me - and demand protection under constitutional and international law.

So...anybody interested in becoming a member of my new clergy? Reasonable rates! And, this month only, we're running a special on elevations to the rank of bishop. 50% off through January 31, 2012. 

Don't delay! ;D
-40hz (January 08, 2012, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ha! +++1
Here in this state you need at least 3 people to start a religion.
Don't know about other places.

40hz:

I have no problem with the goal.

-cmpm (January 08, 2012, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I seldom have problems with goals.

But I always worry about those unintended consequences...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version