ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Process Explorer crashing on startup - using Process Hacker instead

<< < (2/2)

nosh:
he OS appears to be rock solid, and passes all the analysis/checks I have run.
--- End quote ---

Anti-malware checks included?

IainB:
Yes, I've been using Malwarebytes PRO (does realtime scanning) and MS Security Essentials from new, and there are no issues there.
And even though it's arguable that it's probably no longer strictly necessary/beneficial, I periodically run CCleaner and RevoUninstaller over the system. No issues there either.
Belarc analysis reports no issues either.

f0dder:
Sounds very weird - you're saying the 64bit exe is generated, and it's also being deleted after PE fails to load properly?

If it was a piece of malware responsible, I'd expect the 64bit exe to stick around. Perhaps it's an issue with driver registering/loading? Yes, Process Explorer uses a device driver for some of it's stuff.

IainB:
Sounds very weird - you're saying the 64bit exe is generated, and it's also being deleted after PE fails to load properly?

If it was a piece of malware responsible, I'd expect the 64bit exe to stick around. Perhaps it's an issue with driver registering/loading? Yes, Process Explorer uses a device driver for some of it's stuff.
-f0dder (January 06, 2012, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's what happens. Could even be a .NET issue, I suppose,
Like I said, "flaky".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version