ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Getting crowdfunding for your project

(1/1)

timns:
I found this article quite interesting:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=183&ref=0&id=483

barney:
Yeah, Kickstarter has been a boon to some folk I know  :up:.  It has also quashed a few dreams  :down:.  Personally, I'd rather find an angel than try to sell a concept to the unwashed crowd.  Crowdfunding is one (1) of the few crowd things that sometimes works.  But the whole crowd concept is base upon the assumption that {50|500|5,000|50,000|put your number here} people can't be wrong.  That's been proven a fallacy nearly uncountable times.

However, despite my negativism, I know a kid - barely twenty-something - who is currently in negotiations with a major player to market his [physical] invention(s), and a couple of coders who were able to create salable software through Kickstarter funding.  So, while it can be disappointing  :( - as noted in the article - it can also, given the proper presentation, finance a dream  :-*.

app103:
The very talented violinist, Tracy Silverman, is using Kickstarter to fund his next album, rather than signing with a major label and letting them bankroll the project for him.

I wrote about it on my music blog. http://instrumentalunderground.blogspot.com/2011/12/want-to-help-produce-tracy-silvermans.html

Basically, he is asking everyone that is interested in buying his next album to do so in advance, and those funds will be used to produce the album. And if you are feeling really generous and want to throw in more, the more expensive perks would be a dream come true for a real diehard fan, including a violin lesson from him or even a private "house concert".

He has managed to raise about half of what he needs, but only has 17 more days to go to raise the other half.

I am really hoping he makes it. I'd pledge myself, but Kickstarter doesn't accept Paypal.  :(

app103:
He has managed to raise about half of what he needs, but only has 17 more days to go to raise the other half.
-app103 (January 07, 2012, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

He made it! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version