ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

send email after some delay

<< < (2/3) > >>

kalos:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/use-outlook-rules-to-prevent-oh-no-after-sending-emails/

Might be worth a look...
-skwire (January 03, 2012, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, however I already know this and the problem I encounter is actually this:

I want to choose each time, by clicking the appropriate button ("Send now", "Send after 5 minutes", "Send after minutes you specify")

maybe an add-on exists?

Ath:
This Office.com article might help

Deozaan:
Unsend only works if the receiving server wants to let it (most don't...). So unless Gmail is intentionally tarpit-ing their outbount mail...that "feature" is a crap shoot.
-Stoic Joker (January 03, 2012, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

When the feature is enabled, Gmail intentionally delays the sending of the e-mail for a few seconds.

Stoic Joker:
Unsend only works if the receiving server wants to let it (most don't...). So unless Gmail is intentionally tarpit-ing their outbount mail...that "feature" is a crap shoot.
--- End quote ---

When the feature is enabled, Gmail intentionally delays the sending of the e-mail for a few seconds.
-Deozaan (January 04, 2012, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which loosely qualifies as tar-pitting. But OP mentioned they're using Outlook which Google may not honor requests from. Historically unsend is iffy outside of a closed system because the receiving server can (and typically does) refuse the delete request.

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

-Deozaan (January 04, 2012, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which loosely qualifies as tar-pitting. But OP mentioned they're using Outlook which Google may not honor requests from. Historically unsend is iffy outside of a closed system because the receiving server can (and typically does) refuse the delete request.
-Stoic Joker (January 04, 2012, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not really intending on dragging this thread off topic, and you seem much more knowledgeable about this than I am, but I just thought what Google did with Undo Send was to put your mail on a delay timer so that it wasn't sent at all until after the time you had to "Undo Send" had passed. I didn't think it actually sent it immediately and then tried to take it back if you pressed the undo button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version