ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Upgrading RAM amount; please help me choose.

<< < (8/11) > >>

40hz:
just let Memtest run over night
-JavaJones (January 04, 2012, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Assuming there's "enough night" for it to finish with some RAM configurations. :P

superboyac:
Ok!  I now have a month of no side projects so I can play around with all this stuff...

I think the problem is .Net.  My .net installations are corrupt I think.  I'm going to try doing a repair installation of windows 7 to fix it first.  If that doesn't do it, I'll check the hardware.  But I haven't touched the hardware, other than moving audio cables.

I'm betting on .Net, and if not that, Comodo.  It 'feels" like a software issue to me.

Stoic Joker:
I'm betting on .Net, and if not that, Comodo.  It 'feels" like a software issue to me.-superboyac (January 05, 2012, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

With those two for options, you don't need a repair install. Personally if anything weird happens I tend to go after the security software first. I seldom need a step two...

For .NET issues, use the removal tool to strip out everything cleanly. Then reinstall (only) what you need.

As a rule .NET stuff tends to crash/hang/error .NET stuff (only)...I don't recall ever seeing a .NET related OS crash.

f0dder:
As a rule .NET stuff tends to crash/hang/error .NET stuff (only)...I don't recall ever seeing a .NET related OS crash.-Stoic Joker (January 05, 2012, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Beat me to it.

OTOH, I've seen a fair amount of (different) 3rd party security pieces of s*** BSOD like happy hour. Really, just go with MSE :)

superboyac:
I'm betting on .Net, and if not that, Comodo.  It 'feels" like a software issue to me.-superboyac (January 05, 2012, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

With those two for options, you don't need a repair install. Personally if anything weird happens I tend to go after the security software first. I seldom need a step two...

For .NET issues, use the removal tool to strip out everything cleanly. Then reinstall (only) what you need.

As a rule .NET stuff tends to crash/hang/error .NET stuff (only)...I don't recall ever seeing a .NET related OS crash.
-Stoic Joker (January 05, 2012, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
For Windows 7, the .net fixes are different because it comes with the OS.  A lot of articles say to really repair it, you need to do a repair reinstall:
Unfortunately, there is not an easy way of repairing the registry keys/values that are installed by Windows Vista like there is for files.  If you want to try to repair the registry keys/values that are a part of the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, you will need to run Windows Vista OS setup again and repair the OS.
--- End quote ---

The explanation is here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

The reason why i suspect .NET is because I've been looking at the events log and before every crash there is usually some errors happening with .net and comodo.  They are the two consistent items there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version