ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Another Internet Cafe Death

<< < (2/2)

Eóin:
Asia is not big on tipping. After all you're supposed to do your job and be nice to customers, that's not something which deserves a tip.

nosh:
^ relevant :) (NSFW for language)

My favorite line at 00:48. ;D

Edvard:
From what I've been able to gather, it's a combination of susceptibility (pre-disposition to heart attack, stroke, etc.), dehydration, and sedentation (I just made that up; means sitting for long periods of time), and one more element...
What wraps it up in this case is the perceived danger that you get regularly when playing FPS's, MUD's, MORPG's causes stresses that you internalize because even though your eyes tell your brain that you're being shot at, chased, and lit on fire, you know it's not real... but your subconscious doesn't know that.

So take somebody prone to kick early, distract him so forget he needs water to survive, let him sit in a chair for hours on end, and then terrify him subliminally and *snap*... dead customer.

It's a theory, anyways...  :-[

IainB:
Maybe we all have a predisposed susceptibility to death...

kyrathaba:
Maybe we all have a predisposed susceptibility to death...
--- End quote ---

There's one certain death preventative: common black pepper. My sons just roll their eyes when I make this claim, but I've been ingesting small amounts of black pepper a couple times a week for several years, and so far have had no close calls with Death, which obviously proves my point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version