ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

URL Snooper and Windows 7 = still broke?

(1/2) > >>

STL_User:
I've read all the previous problems with URL Snooper and Windows 7 and was hoping the issues were resolved.  I installed URL Snooper v2.30.01 and therefore WinPCap 4.1.2 from the URL Snooper installer a couple of days ago.  I have been unable to get URL Snooper to capture packets.  This snooper don't snoop.  I installed Wireshark to ensure that winpcap was doing its job and Wireshark captures wonderfully.  I did make sure that I UNCHECKED the "only scan this computer" checkbox.  This made no difference.  I have two NIC cards built-in to the motherboard, "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" x 2.  The drivers were the ones installed by Microsoft when I did a clean install of Windows 7 Premium two weeks ago.  I decided to update the drivers to the latest from the Realtek website, unfortunately this made no difference.  Wireshark will work fine with winpcap, but URL Snooper no snoop. :(

mouser:
Did you try running URL snooper as an administrator?

There is no reason URL snooper can't run on a windows 7 pc -- it runs for some people.

y0himba:
It runs fine for me, although, the ways of hiding the video URL are getting smarter, and harder to find even using snooper. Windows 7 Ultimate.

stlolth:
It's not working for me either. I installed it, installed WinPCap, chose load WinPCap at boot, but the Snooper shows no packets, even when "Show All" is selected. It detects two network adapters, both named "Microsoft". I've tried sniffing with both with no results. The thing is, it correctly shows my local host address as the one it's sniffing from, so it should probably work. I tried unchecking "only scan this computer" but that didn't help either. I am running it as administrator.

mouser:
did you try rebooting after installing winpcap?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version