ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is Smilebox safe?

(1/1)

dantheman:
A few friends of mine use this Smilebox service:
http://www.smilebox.com/
recently acquired by hum... Incredimail:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1312233180.html

I am weary about this Smilebox stuff since a friend recently caught a trojan of sorts.
My hunch (i could be wrong) is, she was invited to click on a link (via Smilebox?) and it got her.

Anyone have experience with this service?

I've read so much negative things about Incredimail, that anything that has to do with them i stay away from.

Is this negative attitude justified?

app103:
Is this negative attitude justified?
-dantheman (December 29, 2011, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it is justified. All the negative stuff you have heard about Incredimail is true. Nasty, nasty stuff...a real slimeball company that will do anything for a buck.

And if Smilebox was recently acquired by them, no matter how nice Smilebox might be or might have been before, it's time to ditch it before they add their spyware to it.

I really don't know how good it was, but a quick Google search seems to indicate that it is "self-repairing" and can be difficult to get rid of, no uninstall options or the ones supplied do not work, and it changes your browser's start page to their site without asking permission.

Curt:
-wow, App, you seem to not trust Incredimail! hahaha.

Well, I had it installed on my machine some years ago and never had a problem - but times are achanging, so maybe you are right. About the other: On facebook, 364,968 people have clicked "Like" to Smilebox - but of course, the company might systematically be removing any complaints.

Incredimail sure is all about money, your money, but personally I trust them    a little.

J-Mac:
Don’t know about anyone else, but I place no faith at all in Facebook "Likes" or opinions or surveys, etc. None, nada, nil, zilch...

After all, half of my family uses Facebook and responds to those things... the half that we don’t like to talk about!

Jim

f0dder:
Don’t know about anyone else, but I place no faith at all in Facebook "Likes" or opinions or surveys, etc. None, nada, nil, zilch...-J-Mac (January 03, 2012, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

*f0dder likes this*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version