ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

E-mail client recommendations

<< < (7/10) > >>

Innuendo:
Late to the thread, but I have to throw my hat into The Bat!'s ring for one simple reason: 33,000 emails. If you can find any other email client that can handle that many emails without slowing to a crawl or even down-right imploding I'm listening. Seriously.

Diva, I don't know if The Bat! mimics the Cabinet functionality well enough for you to take a look at it or not. There's a tab view that will only show you unread messages in your email accounts. There are configurable Virtual Folders that allow you to use powerful filters to show only the messages in the accounts/folders that match your criteria. Finally, there's a powerful filtering technology that allows you to manipulate/copy/move/delete any email anywhere by matching (or not matching) countless criteria. This powerful mail filtering technology is also harnessed for use in the creation of your virtual folders as well.

I've never used Cabinets, but Virtual Folders sounds similar to what you are asking for.

skwire:
Late to the thread, but I have to throw my hat into The Bat!'s ring for one simple reason: 33,000 emails. If you can find any other email client that can handle that many emails without slowing to a crawl or even down-right imploding I'm listening. Seriously.-Innuendo (February 12, 2012, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Becky! from Rimarts can handle that easily.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that The Bat! has, but it's been my sole email client for over a decade.  My install currently handles 22 accounts with a mix of IMAP, POP3 and NNTP along with several hundreds of thousands of messages across them.  One of my most favourite apps ever.

Innuendo:
It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that The Bat! has, but it's been my sole email client for over a decade. -skwire (February 12, 2012, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Never cared for Becky! and the fact that it doesn't have all the bells & whistles of The Bat! while costing twice as much as I paid for The Bat! doesn't help its case in my eyes, either.

urlwolf:
Another vote for M2. For me, how fast I can compose an email from anywhere is key. I have a single-key shortcut in opera that does that. E-mail integrated in the browser is pure win, was never able to do this with gmail.

iphigenie:
I liked Opera M2 for its "one box, virtual folders for on the fly classification" approach, but it would get slow after a certain size (i have years of email) and didn't support tags the way I would like. I need to revisit it though as there are many new versions since I last used it.-iphigenie (January 04, 2012, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

You should definitely revisit it. In the latest versions of Opera, the mail client is operating much faster with a large mailbase. The email database loads independently -after- Opera has started, so browser startup itself is a lot better with a lot of mail.

I also really like Postbox, especially as gmail is my primary email provider. Postbox's gmail support integration is by far the best I've seen.
-allen (January 04, 2012, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did, and you're right! It is much faster, it now also has more flexibility around tags, and it also allows to look at the imap mailboxes with folders, the traditional way, should you want to move things at the server level (incidentally that fixes another annoyance I had with M2, that when you moved an email on the server you ended up with duplicate copies in M2)

I also really like Postbox, especially as gmail is my primary email provider. Postbox's gmail support integration is by far the best I've seen.-allen (January 04, 2012, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Postbox has some nice touches that make it very efficient for every day email. It's only weakness is weakness on the contact front. I can easily live with a todo list or calendar that is not linked to my email, but contact information is something one needs when dealing with email. I'm looking into using memotoo/funambol synchronisation for thunderbird with postbox, will see how it goes

(a warning on things like funambol, memotoo, gist, nimble, plaxo sync etc.: add things one at a time, prepare for a lot of manual sync/clean duplicates and data/sync/clean duplicates and data cycles - less each time. Also, be very very careful sync'ing contact with gmail 1)if you have ever imported in the past a list into gmail, you'll get duplicates and b)it now adds all your G+ circles as contacts, and they get sync'd too. my phone is full of one-word contacts, grrr!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version