ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (19/27) > >>

allen:
There's a lot of good in Notefrog.  But on a completely shallow personal level, the interfaces leave me taken aback with shock as a user and a developer.

Completely shallow, I know... but as someone who loves designing the UX, it's something I have a hard time getting past.
-wraith808 (May 22, 2013, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

This. I bought a license when Notefrog was really young, despite it being the ugliest software I've ever seen. Bad by Windows 3.1 standards. I figured it was just an awkward early phase but... years later I can only deduce that it is by "design". I can get behind function before form (Love ArsClip), but this is absurd.

rjbull:
Berry, NoteFrog's author, has amended his blog post to include
Please note – NoteWindow is designed to accommodate a mobile, platform independent, browser-based, touch interface. It is not a windows (or any platform specific), desktop program. (and, a black background helps to conserve battery life on portable devices.) :)
--- End quote ---
which gives the reason for some of its appearance.

wraith808:
Well, the color, anyway.  :huh:

But I've seen platform independent mobile browser-based touch interfaces done well...

...and I'll leave it at that.

superboyac:
There's a lot of good in Notefrog.  But on a completely shallow personal level, the interfaces leave me taken aback with shock as a user and a developer.

Completely shallow, I know... but as someone who loves designing the UX, it's something I have a hard time getting past.
-wraith808 (May 22, 2013, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

This. I bought a license when Notefrog was really young, despite it being the ugliest software I've ever seen. Bad by Windows 3.1 standards. I figured it was just an awkward early phase but... years later I can only deduce that it is by "design". I can get behind function before form (Love ArsClip), but this is absurd.
-allen (May 24, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree.  I got a license too and tried somewhat committing to it.  But it never stuck with me.  Still, it has some features i really enjoy.  The interface is difficult to get past though.  I've used arsclip, clipmate, CHS, notefrog, aceclip.  They all have certain features that are unique, but in the end, my current workflow uses CHS and clipmate.  CHS for the mouse popup and text cleanup features.  Clipmate for hardcore archiving, complicated queries, and complex cut/paste jobs.  CHS replaced Arsclip, especially once mouser implemented the icon feature.  interface-wise, I liked aceclip the best, I love that program, but too much overlap, and not enough uniqueness with the other two I use.

I think what was initially attractive about notefrog was the find as you type.  But eventually, all these programs got that, so now I don't know what is so great about it.

superboyac:
i tell you what though, if notefrog's mobile version works with windows phone 8, I'll definitely be excited about that.  Even though I have evernote, and evernote can sync with rightnote (my preferred notetaker), I wouldn't mind another alternative.  I'm not a huge fan of evernote anymore, but it still is a good program.

It doesn't look like notefrog mobile can do syncing.  It's more like an export to a webpage, which is handy in itself.  but I still would prefer some kind of syncing method.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version