ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (18/27) > >>

IainB:
2013-02-25: I have just updated the review in the Opening Post for v2.4.0.
I have added more to the review notes, including:
The latest version has some interesting and rather nifty features (taken from the Stack menu item):

* Select and open a different Stack...
* Create a new empty Stack...
* Rename the Active Stack...
* Edit stack password...
* Reload/refresh the Active Stack list from NoteFrog Library.
* Export/Save a copy of the Active Stack...
* Import/Load contents of an external Stack into the Active Stack...
* Save Active Stack contents as a plain text file...
* Save Active Stack contents as individual items...
* Save Active Stack contents in a publishable browser-search able format...
* Save Active Stack contents as a self-decrypting HTML archive-
* Import all text items from a directory...
* Import text items from a delimited file...
* Delete all items in the Active Stack...
* Delete an entire Stack and its contents...
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
NoteFrogBlog.com

NoteWindow Free Personal Information Manager
Posted by berry – May 22, 2013

The NoteFrog mobile stack capability, mentioned in an earlier post NoteFrog goes mobile is now available as a Free Browser based, Personal Information Manager, similar to NoteFrog. It is available here.

Let us know your impressions.

--- End quote ---

Screenshot shows what the control panel looks like (in Firefox).

wraith808:
There's a lot of good in Notefrog.  But on a completely shallow personal level, the interfaces leave me taken aback with shock as a user and a developer.

Completely shallow, I know... but as someone who loves designing the UX, it's something I have a hard time getting past.

TaoPhoenix:
There's a lot of good in Notefrog.  But on a completely shallow personal level, the interfaces leave me taken aback with shock as a user and a developer.

Completely shallow, I know... but as someone who loves designing the UX, it's something I have a hard time getting past.
-wraith808 (May 22, 2013, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

It reminds me of my "dark colors" phase I went through enthralled by the Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, some alien tech from various SciFi shows, and so on. That was a time when tech felt "cool", without any of the Big Brother and Shadowrun-Corp tracking themes currently going on today. However, the button placement does look pretty erratic even by the context of those influences.

IainB:
@rjbull: Thanks for spotting that about NoteWindow. I hadn't yet got to it in my Google Reader. It looks rather nifty.
I am experimenting to see if I can use it in some kind of an integrated fashion together with NoteFrog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version