ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (14/27) > >>

berry:
Looks like delimiter always at beginning of line?

Since Frog isn't "leveled", just treat multiple concurrent delimiters as one?

Can you upload a test file somewhere? Or email something?

Can work on something. Probably not for V2.0, but something like that is very possible.

oblivion:
Can work on something. Probably not for V2.0, but something like that is very possible.
-berry (January 22, 2012, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

AllMyNotes exports as RTF (I think because its text defaults to richtext and it supports images) and delimits items with --- followed by some text specifying the route to the node in the tree that could be either ignored or imported along with the rest of the item, for simplicity.

On a sample of two, I'd say options of plaintext and richtext and a user-specified inter-note marker and you'd get rjbull's and my approval. :) Or, more to the point, you'd be able to offer a competitive upgrade route...

rjbull:
Looks like delimiter always at beginning of line?-berry (January 22, 2012, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
In MemPad's case, yes.

Since Frog isn't "leveled", just treat multiple concurrent delimiters as one?

Can you upload a test file somewhere? Or email something?

-berry (January 22, 2012, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I'm not asking for NoteFrog to have a MemPad importer as such, but to be able to import a file of the general type I suggested above, without the levels, obviously.  Most worthwhile programs can export data as plain text.  It would be up to the user to massage their data from whatever source they had into that format.  Because of being just plain text, it's easy to edit into shape using nothing more than a plain text editor, perhaps augmented by a bit of simple scripting.  Another brutally simple format:

-=+NoteFrog+gorFetoN+=-
Anon.

The Dufay Collective: The Recordings

It is twenty years since the Dufay Collective's [...]

-=+NoteFrog+gorFetoN+=-
Anon.

The Dufay Collective: The Recordings
Pilgrimage to Montserrat
[...]

-=+NoteFrog+gorFetoN+=-
Brahms
Horn Trio, Op.40

-=+NoteFrog+gorFetoN+=-
Grieg
String Quartet No 2 in F

Grieg, compl. Julius Rontgen: String Quartet No 2 in F
<end of file>
Where the delimiter is on a line by itself, and the note title is taken from the first non-blank line of the note.

berry:
OK - 1st up in a soon-to-be beta (but maybe not in V2.0) -

NoteFrog specified delimiter (e.g. ++NoteFrog++)  = you convert whatever delimiter you can get from your existing program to ++NoteFrog++

Input is
  All plain text items OR
  All rich text items

Loaded as individual items into the active stack.
Strip blank (empty) text lines at beginning of plain text.
Rich text imported "as is"

Reasonable for now?

rjbull:
Sounds good, thanks!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version