ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (11/27) > >>

berry:
No major issues to report with NFP ß 02.
The search and scroll operations still feel nice and fast with 1,927 items in the stack.

Minor problems:

* When I start NFP from the Quicklaunch icon, it shows up in the systray and closes as minimised to the systray - which is what I expect it to do. However, it doesn't seem to start with windows even though I have selected that option, and when I put it in my startup folder to force it on startup, it started OK, but did not show in the systray and disappeared on close (though the process was still active).
* After entering the Registration Code, the menu item "Go Pro - Purchase NoteFrog Professional" is greyed out, but when you restart NFP, the same item has been restored to black (i.e., is not greyed out).
-IainB (January 15, 2012, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct on both.

Start with Windows problem is a result of an error in the V2 conversion.
Registration issue is due to some of the registration code logic being  "dummied out" for beta testing purposes.

Both will be corrected before V2 release.

Once again - Good catch. You're quite the beta tester.

cheers,
berry
01/15/2012

IainB:
@berry: The frog-croak continues to sound episodically - e.g., once whilst keyboard is locked (Windows+L) and inactive,  and a few minutes ago 4 croaks in quick succession, then a 5th about 30 seconds later.
I wondered if there might be a conflict between CHS capture and NFP capture - because  I am running both processes simultaneously - but everything else seems to work OK.
I might be the only tester doing that - running them both at the same time. Maybe that is why I am the only one reporting the episodic croaking behaviour.

berry:
I'm not familiar with CHS Capture. I'll need to take a look at it and see if we have conflicting behavior.

IainB:
Sorry - that's "CHS", for "Clipboard Help & Spell", a Donation Coder software by mouser.

berry:
@berry: The frog-croak continues to sound episodically - e.g., once whilst keyboard is locked (Windows+L) and inactive,  and a few minutes ago 4 croaks in quick succession, then a 5th about 30 seconds later.
I wondered if there might be a conflict between CHS capture and NFP capture - because  I am running both processes simultaneously - but everything else seems to work OK.
I might be the only tester doing that - running them both at the same time. Maybe that is why I am the only one reporting the episodic croaking behaviour.
-IainB (January 15, 2012, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Ian,

Thanks again for the report. Yes, I figured CHS was mouser's Clipboard Help & Spell. Nice little program.

The issue does appear to be due to interaction with CHS. Seems the CHS re-establish clipboard link causes NoteFrog to enter it's "Clipboard has been updated" routine. My current duplicate checking looks for a duplicate that was sent within moments of the previous clip, but will allow you to capture a duplicate if it's been a while since the previous capture - maybe you edited/changed the previous one and/or you want another. The re establish clipboard chain occurs every 15 minutes.  I'm not exactly sure how I want to handle this behavior. I may ask mouser to investigate Thornsoft's CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE format. http://www.clipboardextender.com/developing-clipboard-aware-programs-for-windows/ignoring-clipboard-updates-with-the-cf_clipboard_viewer_ignore-clipboard-format

cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version