ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (7/27) > >>

cranioscopical:
I installed and started the NoteFrog v2ß for testing today, and am feeding back via email to @berry.
I could post the feedback here if anyone is interested.
-IainB (January 06, 2012, 01:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sure, the topic is NoteFrog, so the more information about it the better.

IainB:
Feedback from ß testing:
I installed and worked with NFß "01" as I shall refer to it.
I reported back to @berry with:
4 positive points
8 negative issues (a couple of may have been due to my lack of knowledge of NF).

The issues have been addressed where repeatable, and a new NFß "02" has been issued, which I have downloaded and installed and am using now with NF running all the time.

So those issues that could be replicated have been fixed in NFß "02", so have now gone away.
There was one obscure issue that could not be replicated, and that also seems to have gone away (or has not yet recurred, at any rate).

I also have CHS running all the time, so this involves duplication, but I'd rather be safe than sorry - I know that CHS has shown itself to be pretty much rock solid. Neither proggy seems to get in the way of the other, so far, and I am learning more about NF as I continue to use it.

rjbull:
Are you intending to add internal hyperlinks, from note to note?-rjbull (January 06, 2012, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That capability exists now via a rightclick menu from the items list "Save link to item" - paste the link into an item via the rightclick item "Insert saved item link"-berry (January 06, 2012, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah - thanks, I'd noticed the menu item, but thought it referred to external links to files on disk.

Items may be sequenced by item number = date created, or by date updated via an "Option". Within a list, items may be grouped into one of four sub-groupings, top, high, normal and bottom.-berry (January 06, 2012, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
OK, thanks.

We've found that grouping items with the most recently updated at the top along with the sub-grouping capability, provides reasonably good access for non-search conditions.-berry (January 06, 2012, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think I agree, though I don't have much data in NoteFrog yet.  I'd still like to see the Search Control Area made more prominent.  Eventually I'd like to see more advanced Boolean searching, something of this kind:

Find:  (paper OR clip OR paperclip) AND (pen OR pencil) NOT (nuggan or nugganite)

That might become more valuable with bigger datasets.

rjbull:
Is NoteFrog indexed?  If not, how fast will search be with large databases?

berry:
Is NoteFrog indexed?  If not, how fast will search be with large databases?
-rjbull (January 09, 2012, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
A NoteFrog stack is stored in memory as an array. The search is very fast. On a very large database the limiting factor, speed wise, is displaying a very large list of "matching" items - the list display just takes a while (relatively). If you type fast, so we're not trying to display a new list on each character, but rather only a reasonably sized list of matching items, it will be very fast.

Since it's processor dependent, the speed will also vary somewhat based on processor speed.

cheers,

Incidentally, "and" searching is incorporated via ending a search term with an "enter".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version