ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lifetime license from Audials+GAOTD: no good

<< < (3/5) > >>

Curt:
WhiteSmoke has just given me the same answer as Audials did:
"oh yes, you have lifetime key, but it was for version 2011 only, not for any upgraded version!"-Curt (May 10, 2012, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

to compensate or something, they have just mailed me again and are now offering me
a >>lifetime key for 6 years<<!!,
upgrades included.

What is happening to words and their meaning?
 :(

Curt:
a new email from whitesmoke:

Dear Curt ,

Thank you for using WhiteSmoke Software Since 10/21/2007 !

As a valued customer, we appreciate your support and wish you perfect English writing for many years to come.
For this reason we would like to notify you in advance that your license will expire in 48 hours.

Don't fret! You may simply renew your license today, in order to continue writing like a true professional.
If you renew your license within 48 hours, you can enjoy a 50% discount on all purchases!
We have made renewing and upgrading your license really easy; just click Get it Now!

Since you last purchased WhiteSmoke, we have introduced many new features and improvements to our software.
Enjoy them now by upgrading your version! Click here for more information.

Renew your license now and enjoy a 50% discount!

--- End quote ---

:(
 :tellme:

40hz:
The company seems to be appropriately named IMO. :-\

f0dder:
I tend to try and stay away from programs with "lifetime licenses"... or at least expect nothing more than "until the next major version", where "major" is defined as "100% totally arbitrary management decision".

Jibz:
Maybe we need to start offering companies "lifetime payment" when we buy their software? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version