ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Taking Screenshot (via PrtScn) & MS Paint

(1/3) > >>

Nzyme:
I believe most users take screenshots by directly pressing the "PrtScn" button (entire screen) or "Alt + PrtScn" (for the active window). After this, they use the MS Paint program in this sequence:

1. Click on the "Start" logo or press the "Start" button on the keyboard (if available)
2. Type in Paint and click on "Paint" from the results or navigate to All Programs > Accessories > Paint
3. Open Paint and paste the image (Ctrl + V) or by the menu option.

I was wondering if it is possible to eliminate all the above 3 steps so that when the user presses either the "PrtScn" button or "Alt + PrtScn", MS Paint should open automatically with the copied image.

skwire:
If you're serious about taking screenshots, I'd recommend a dedicated screenshot tool like mouser's own Screenshot Captor.  However, to answer your original request, here's an AutoHotkey snippet that will do the job:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---$PrintScreen::$!PrintScreen::{    If ( A_ThisHotkey = "$PrintScreen" )    {        SendInput, {PrintScreen}    }    Else If ( A_ThisHotkey = "$!PrintScreen" )    {        SendInput, !{PrintScreen}    }    ClipWait, 5, 1    Run, mspaint.exe, , , myPID    WinWait, % "ahk_pid " . myPID    WinActivate, % "ahk_pid " . myPID    WinWaitActive, % "ahk_pid " . myPID    SendInput, ^v}Return

mouser:
Note that you can ask Screenshot Captor to auto open new screen captures in MS Paint or any other program, assuming the built-in editing tools of the program are insufficient.

Shades:
+1 with ScreenshotCaptor from Mouser. Besides that it does by default almost exactly what you ask by default, you can also set it up to name and store each screenshot without any further interaction at all.

Although MSPaint is not opened by default, a different but more functional editor is. This piece of software is really the "icing on the cake" and can stand against any commercially available solution that is available out there.  

kunkel321:
Yepper doodle.  ScreenshotCaptor is what you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version