ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

DonationCredits Discussion

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
im preparing a little article on this.
the idea of micro-donations is not new, but i don't know of any other forum/community that has such a system for letting people easily exchange credits and donate to each other.  if anyone knows of any please let me know.

ps. don't forget the new links that say "social bookmark this page" - if you think there is a post or page on the site that might be interesting for others on digg, delicious, etc.

ps2. a non-forum page explaining the donationcredits system is here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Donate/Credits.php

mouser:
note:
anyone who joined the site after around march 17 or so, and donated more than $5 can email me ([email protected]) with your donation amount and date, and i will credit your account with DonationCredits. 

clif_notes:
im preparing a little article on this.
the idea of micro-donations is not new, but i don't know of any other forum/community that has such a system for letting people easily exchange credits and donate to each other.  if anyone knows of any please let me know.
-mouser (April 06, 2006, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser,

As far as I know, you guys are uniquely unique, in this sytem and in many other ways. It's all good. Keep up the fantastic work you are doing.

I haven't been by lately and I don't expect to get any more free time. I've recently started an online job in addition to my normal 8 to 5 job. Whew!

Can you believe someone would pay me to be a support person by email? I couldn't believe it but I'll really believe it when I get my first paycheck.  :D

Oh well, enough about me. Who gets the credit for this great new Donation system? Huh?
Inquiring minds want to know ...

Have fun!

JavaJones:
Now this is innovation! Great stuff. I like the approach you have taken and I'm interested to see how it works out. So I'm off to make another donation and see. :D

- Oshyan

mouser:
I've updated the info page that shows you how to make links on your own websites or programs more easily:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;sa=donationcredits;detail=links

in short, you can use a simple url now:
http://donationcoder.com/donate/2

where the 2 would be replaced by your forum user #.

note that we encourage you to configure exteneral links so that people can donate directly to you without using the donationcredits system if they want to, and you are encouraged to write a little blurb of text that gets shown to people when they visit your donation page.

I'm hoping that we can make donationcredits and dc a trusted place where people know that if they see the little gold coin on someone's website, they will know that they are donating to someone active in the donatinware scene, and will know what to expect when clicking on that coin, and that donating will be easy.

So that people can place that simple coin and link in their programs or on their websites to accept donations.
I advise everyone to still get yourself a way for people to directly donate to you if they prefer, and specify that in your profile; that way when people click on your donation page they will have a choice whether to use the microdonation system of donationcredits, or send you the money directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version