ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TreeProjects 40% off

(1/5) > >>

rgdot:
I have become a regular user and fan of TreeProjects, lots of updates and features added.

Starting now, and throughout Christmas and New Year holidays, TreeProjects is offered for only $29. A perfect time to give TreeProjects as a gift – to yourself, a friend, or the loved one!
--- End quote ---

http://personaldatabase.org/40-off-treeprojects-during-winter-holidays

superboyac:
man, yet another notetaking app.  How am I going to choose??  This one has some very cool features also.  Geez.  I was this close to purchasing rightnote, too.

rjbull:
man, yet another notetaking app.  How am I going to choose??  [...]  I was this close to purchasing rightnote, too.-superboyac (December 23, 2011, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
You sure said it  :(  So many of them that my memory was faulty - I was confusing TreeProjects with RightNote!  :o  There just doesn't seem to be a definitive best program in this category.

superboyac:
man, yet another notetaking app.  How am I going to choose??  [...]  I was this close to purchasing rightnote, too.-superboyac (December 23, 2011, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
You sure said it  :(  So many of them that my memory was faulty - I was confusing TreeProjects with RightNote!  :o  There just doesn't seem to be a definitive best program in this category.
-rjbull (December 24, 2011, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I've been playing around with it a little, and I think RightNote is still the best as far as I'm concerned.  Rightnote has a freaking amazing featureset, rivaling Mybase from years ago in terms of flexibility and options.  It's also extremely customer friendly: lightweight, fast, portable.  It has just about every note type you could want.

This TreeProjects can't rival Rightnote's compelte-ness right now.  But it has a couple of extremely interesting features.  First, it's more of a legit database, with all that goes along with that (vs a bunch of files put together in a tree view).  It has a cool folder and file linking option, as well as a cool idea in capturing webpages (that doesn't work very well, Evernote and Surfulater are the best at that).  It has VERY cool revision history tool, where you can see how a note has changed over time.  I don't think any program I've seen offers that.

But rightnote has really impressed me the last few weeks.  I haven't been this impressed by a notetaking program in years.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Plus Rightnote simply looks good, it stands out from the crowd a bit.
http://www.bauerapps.com/RightNote.html

I put in a request at Bits, as the professional is a bit hefty $60.  And without any immediate compelling need, I am using some of the others (TreeDbNotes is always crisp, Keynote-NF is always functional, if a bit bland .. AllMyNotes Organizer and AmiPages and Treepad round out most of my standard note group, while considering the TreeProjects and InfoQube in a special categoty, as well as Evernote).  Even bought TreeNotes for simplicity stuff at Bits the other day for $10, partly because it comes from the Swift ToDo Dextronet folks.

However, it is better to really settle on one for the more complex note projects, like researching.  Looks like RightNote, but I am still holding out for a Bits, I think my 30 days perspired on one user, but is still active on another user on my puter (I think it goes by load days, not counting days .. maybe not, that may be ListPro, where the Bits is not such an issue since the program is $20 or so).

I will say that RightNote, Swift ToDo and ListPro have all been pleasant surprises, all recent, and Swift and ListPro have taken over their niches.  I look forward to playing with TreeProjects on an auxiliary level.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version