ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Media player and system volume

<< < (2/2)

skwire:
the program actually achieves volume adjustment by adjusting my system volume-tslim (December 22, 2011, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is very odd as I've NEVER had MPC adjust the system volume.  It's always adjusted its own internal volume.

skwire:
Under View, Options, Playback, Output, Audio Renderer:  Change it to System Default and see if that solves things.

tslim:
the program actually achieves volume adjustment by adjusting my system volume-tslim (December 22, 2011, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is very odd as I've NEVER had MPC adjust the system volume.  It's always adjusted its own internal volume.

Under View, Options, Playback, Output, Audio Renderer:  Change it to System Default and see if that solves things.
-skwire (December 22, 2011, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am not familiar with how MPC work internally, but isn't it suppose to not tuning my system volume levels for whatever audio render choice I made?

In fact, my PC has onboard audio and a Creative Sound card both active and each takes care of their own speaker set. One of the set of speaker I only switch on while watching DTS movies wherelse the other set of speaker is my day to day use PC audio output. So, as you can see, if I stick to MPC as my player, my Audio Render can not be a fix one, I need to switch it between my movie watching session and normal PC working session.

I have just solved the above problem:
I create an AutoIt (script base) exe which always adjust back my Wav level to 65%, I then have MacroExpress auto run the exe every time MPC is closing.

Just to share my experience in MacroExpress with everyone here: I have been a user of MacroExpress for many years, recently I have upgraded to its PRO version. It has features to adjust most of the system volume except for Wav... Sarcastically, I have to resort to a freeware scripting program...

I dislike MacroExpress Pro's way of accepting user suggestion and  dislike very very much their hostile user forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version