ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fileforum.Betanews alternative

<< < (2/3) > >>

Josh:
Has anyone run across a tool to replace BN yet? I use cnet tech tracker but would prefer email notifications on updates per application. A community-sourced tool/service would be preferable for accuracy.

Cloq:
I have been using (local machine app) website-watcher by adding any app's (that I own/have) download page to the watch list. Only time I have to make a change is when the site author decides to spruce the page and changes the download page.

Works for me.  :)

Midnight Rambler:
Has anyone run across a tool to replace BN yet?-Josh (June 28, 2012, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since March, BN has apparently resumed service fully as previously posted.  Are you reluctant to use them again?  An alternative, though not complete, is ChangeDetection.com.  Used them to monitor a vendor site but updates became too frequent so had to cancel change alerts.

hpearce:
If you want a software advisor program, I highly recommend SUMO...  It has an extremely large database and has very few false positives in the results.  Nothing else I have seen comes close.

Josh:
If you want a software advisor program, I highly recommend SUMO...  It has an extremely large database and has very few false positives in the results.  Nothing else I have seen comes close.
-hpearce (July 01, 2012, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Testing the program now but I must say....I've never had to uncheck so many "great freeware 3rd party tool" check boxes during an installation program, EVER!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version