ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is "Thank you for your service" enough for veterans?

<< < (4/4)

davidqxo:
Josh and Renegade, thank you both for expressing well the same things that I have thought on the matter.

(Is there a recipe somewhere for doing those reveal buttons? Oh well, rather than be coy . . .)

My feeling is that if you have a nicely running, freshly sharpened chainsaw you just have to find a tree to cut down. There's something so satisfying about using that power. If you have a gun you want to shoot it at something. If you have a large standing army and more weapons that anyone else on the planet . . .

I respect our people in uniform (aside from those very few I can imagine who just wanted an opportunity to go kill someone). Whether they did it for economic, family duty, country duty, or whatever reason. They made an honorable choice. At the same time I feel that having a large standing army is an excuse for politicians to take bad, stupid, immoral actions. So when I see what we spend on and how we use our armed forces, I kind of want to say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version