ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: GoogolBar

(1/4) > >>

app103:
NANY 2012 Entry Information
Application Name GoogolBarVersion 1.0.9 Short DescriptionGoogolBar is my idea of a replacement for the Google Toolbar for Windows. It does not contain anything questionable, unethical, shady, sneaky, privacy invading, etc.Supported OSes 32-bit versions of Windows: 98/ME/2K/XP with IE 5 or newerSetup File http://appsapps.info/downloads/GoogolBar.zipSystem RequirementsWindows 98/ME/2K/XP with IE 5 or newerAuthor Info app103 - App's Apps | LaKraven - Reinvent The Wheel DescriptionNice, clean, and simple. It is a deskbar that integrates with your taskbar to provide convenient searching of various Google services (20 in total) right from the desktop in your default browser.

It will work with all major browsers and most obscure ones, too. It will work with both horizontal and vertical taskbars.

It will not store a search history, not phone home, not report statistics, no automatic installation of updates without the user's knowledge or consent, no tracking of personally identifiable surfing activities, no tracking of "anonymous" statistics, no changes to your default search engine, no changes to your default "new tab" page, no changes to any web page you view, no collection and storage of personally identifiable information, no loading of dynamic content from the web, no advertising, no 3rd party bundled software, no BS.

And for those that really care about privacy, there is an option to search using Scroogle.FeaturesServices supported: Web, Image, Maps, News, Groups, Shopping, Video, Mail, Books, Finance, Scholar, Blogs, Youtube. Calendar, Reader, Documents, Patents, Android market, G+, ScroogleScreenshotsAs displayed on a vertical taskbar:

InstallationJust run the GoogolBarSetup.msi file by double clicking it.

After installing, right click your taskbar and on the menu, under Toolbars, select "GoogolBar". If you do not see it listed there, wait a few seconds and check again.Using the applicationJust type in one or more search terms into the box, select the type of search you want to perform from the drop down list, and click the Search button. Your search will be opened in your default browser.UninstallingClose the GoogolBar deskbar first by right clicking the toolbar and selecting "Close toolbar". Then restart your computer. Failure to skip this may cause uninstallation to fail.

It can then be removed from Add/Remove programs by finding and uninstalling the entry called "GoogolBar".
Known IssuesVista/Win7 x86:

Current version may not work but there will be a version that will, coming soon.

x64 versions of Windows:

Current version will not work but there will be a version that will, coming soon.

Internet Explorer:

This isn't meant to be an Internet Explorer toolbar, even though it does appear on the Internet Explorer toolbars menu.

I had to add it to that menu to get it to show up in the Explorer toolbars menu.

You can use it with Internet Explorer, but it will not open searches and pages in the open instance of Internet Explorer. It will open them in a new instance of your default browser, which in some cases might be a different browser than Internet Explorer.

Themes:

It doesn't fully support Themes. It is still showing the wrong background color with some themes. (I am still working on full theme support and I am beginning to get the impression it might not be possible)

NOTE: This version contains a "Donate" button. I will also have a version without the "Donate" button uploaded within the next few days for anyone that supports the project. Just send me a private message and I'll give you a link to download it.

kyrathaba:
Quite nice!  Good work, app!!  :Thmbsup:

app103:
I am in need of a volunteer that can compile a 64-bit Delphi app and test to make sure it works.

Got an offer I couldn't refuse. Simon Stuart has offered to rewrite it so it works on Win7, both x86 and x64.

Rmissbrooks58:
 :D  I like it.  

LaKraven:
Hi April, I'm registered as you suggested, and am working on Win XP, Vista and 7 support for both x86 and x64 as per discussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version