ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

set focus in "file name" control?

<< < (2/2)

rshory:
I tried every compatibility mode back to Windows 95. No difference.

rjbull:
Is it possible to write a macro in AHK, AutoIt, PowerPro or something, that will watch for the appropriate window, and put the cursor in the right location whenever it first appears?

rshory:
 Well, like everything in computers "it's easy -- after you know how".

Of the three scripting suggestions, I chose AutoIt at random. It took me about a day to learn enough to write the few lines of code I needed. Here it is, with all my debugging comments still in. I just start it in the background, and then kill the process after I'm done scanning; or leave it running till next time.

--- Code: Text ---While 1        $handle = WinWaitActive("Save As", "File &name:") ; listen for Save As dialog;       MsgBox(0, "Event", "Save As window active")        If (WinExists("HP Precisionscan Pro") = 1) Then ; is the parent app running?        ; assure the app is indeed the parent of this Save As dialog                $HPPsPHandle = WinGetHandle("HP Precisionscan Pro");               msgbox(0,"PS handle", $HPPsPHandle)                $result = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetParent", "hwnd", $handle);               msgbox(0,"Result0",$result[0]);               msgbox(0,"Result1",$result[1])        ; parent handle is in hex, and result in decimal, but equality works                If ($result[0] = $HPPsPHandle) Then;                       msgbox (0,"OK", "They match")                        Send("!n") ; send Alt-n to set focus to File Name control                EndIf        EndIf        ; wiat till the dialog closes, so as not to re-fire        WinWaitClose($handle)WEnd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version