ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

free ABBYY Screenshot Reader

<< < (3/4) > >>

lanux128:
the version i have expands to 354,501,851 bytes upon installation..

IainB:
I had my wires crossed on this. Have just straightened them out after reading my installation notes and double-checking program versions:

The thing is, the Christmas giveaway version is actually quite an old version.

* Believing it to be the latest version at the time, on 2011-12-14 I installed the FREE ABBY Screenshot Reader "RETAIL" (Christmas giveaway) software from http://fr7.abbyy.com/ScreenshotReader/ScreenshotReader_ESD.exe
It turned out that this "RETAIL" version is apparently an older version (v9.0.0.1331) to the one I had already installed with my EPSON scanner (see below).
So I uninstalled it without hiccup on 2012-01-22, as it was duplication with file of approx. 330Mb and it duplicated a licence server service (you cannot seem to run the ABBY software without having that service running). One less overhead.

* The apparently newer version (v9.0.0.1354) was actually installed almost a year earlier on 2011-02-20, as part of the EPSON scanner install +ABBY FineReader 9.0 Sprint software.
I posted about the excellent scanner and associated software (including screenshots of the ABBY Screenshot Reader OCR output) in DCF:
EPSON Perfection V330 Photo Scanner + ABBY and ArcSoft software on: 2011-02-20, 20:21:30.

The conclusion to all this is:

* (a) If you do not already have the ABBY Screenshot Reader, then get the FREE ABBY Screenshot Reader "RETAIL" (Christmas giveaway) software from http://fr7.abbyy.com/ScreenshotReader/ScreenshotReader_ESD.exe (if it is still available).
It is an excellent and useful piece of software.   :Thmbsup:

* (b) If you (like me) already have ABBY software installed/bundled with a scanner install, then check to see what version of ABBY Screenshot Reader you might have had installed with it, before (like me) making the mistake of downloading a possibly older Christmas giveaway version.
My scanner-installed version was v9.0.0.1354 (a newer version).
The 2011-12 Christmas giveaway version was v9.0.0.1331 (an older version).

tomos:
^ Iain, I'm confused
-
Curt says his link above (reply #7) is for version "5988" which I presume is 9.0.0.5988.

If I am correct there, you're comparing two older versions (?)

IainB:
^ Iain, I'm confused
Curt says his link above (reply #7) is for version "5988" which I presume is 9.0.0.5988.
If I am correct there, you're comparing two older versions (?)
-tomos (August 10, 2012, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
I was confused about this too.
It seems to be Part# 5xxx(x) - i.e., 4 or 5 digits - not version/build number.
Here's the details for my installed version:

Curt:
I guess it was my words that were wrong. It happened because I haven't yet installed my new version, so I didn't dare to call it 9.0.0.1134#5988 - or whatever version it is - but skipped the (unknown) "1134", saying "9.00 ... 5988" (the exe is named ...setup5988)
My bad.  :-[

Edit:
All the content of the setup file is stamped January 2009...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version