ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

You like science fiction, don't you? Of course you do!

<< < (11/18) > >>

Arizona Hot:
I, myself, don't know. I upgraded mine to Pro even though I don't use it as my primary anti-virus. I've always been able to update, but that may be because I have always used an administrator-type account. I avoid drive-by viri by surfing sandboxed. That also enables me to easilly ditch scripts that won't let me leave a site. You've had experience with those I presume.

MilesAhead:
I only use MBAM Free for scanning. But I find from checking manually that often it updates the database at least a couple of times a day.-MilesAhead (October 27, 2012, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do you have to run it as administrator before it will update?  I don't, and the update button is always greyed out.
-rjbull (October 28, 2012, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

My account is in Administrator group and I have UAC disabled. MBAM just comes up normally. The only thing not enabled is the real-time protection.

edit: btw, shouldn't we split this off to a security discussion thread? No SciFi spoken here lately. :)

Arizona Hot:
MilesAhead: Go ahead. It's your choice, I don't know how to do that.

MilesAhead:
Cool. I'll just stick the link here for the jump:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=32700.msg304911#msg304911

IainB:
Cool. I'll just stick the link here for the jump:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=32700.msg304911#msg304911
-MilesAhead (October 29, 2012, 10:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Prompted by the discussion (above) that led to @MilesAhead making the post - General av and anti-malware discussion, I got off my backside and posted: Malwarebytes FREE and PRO - Mini-Review (as at 2012-10-30). - which I had been meaning to do for some time now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version