ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More Hilarity - "Can I have my spy plane back?"

(1/7) > >>

Renegade:
I nearly peed myself laughing at this:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2011-12-13/Iran-Obama-drone/51855044/1

The Obama administration said it has delivered a formal request to Iran for the return of a U.S. surveillance drone captured by Iranian armed forces, but is not hopeful that Iran will comply.

President Obama said Monday that the U.S. wants the top-secret aircraft back. "We have asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said during a White House news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Monday.

In an interview broadcast live Monday night on Venezuelan state television, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said nothing to suggest his country would grant the U.S. request.

"The Americans have perhaps decided to give us this spy plane," Ahmadinejad said. "We now have control of this plane."

--- End quote ---

Touche!

"Given Iran's behavior to date we do not expect them to comply but we are dealing with all of these provocations and concerning actions taken by Iran in close concert with our closest allies and partners," she said.

--- End quote ---

Wait, hold on for a moment... The US is prepping for war with Iran, but it's IRAN that is PROVOKING the US?

Bwahahahahahahahaa~! ;D

You can't make this stuff up!

I just don't know... But it seems like the "real" news out there just gets crazier and crazier. I can't help but laugh hysterically!

eleman:
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Renegade:
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

-eleman (December 13, 2011, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! (Albeit, the truth there is rather dark. I suppose the only thing to do now is laugh.)

I punched you! You're provoking me now! :D

IainB:
I reckon the Iranians would not consider this to be all that funny. It's probably a pretty serious business to them, never mind the US.
Déjà vu - 1960 U-2 incident

Renegade:
I reckon the Iranians would not consider this to be all that funny. It's probably a pretty serious business to them, never mind the US.
Déjà vu - 1960 U-2 incident
-IainB (December 13, 2011, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I reckon not! They know that they're going to be invaded soon, so that's not funny in the least.

It's just the sheer audacity of US officials to basically punch them in the face, then say that it's the Iranians that are being belligerent. It's just too much. I can't help but laugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version