ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AdBlock Plus To Not Block All Ads

<< < (11/15) > >>

IainB:
@mahesh2k: That's curious. I don't get any such adverts - none at all, in fact.
Maybe it is the ABP lists that I subscribe to - or NoScript? (I already mentioned above that NoScript  is complementary to ABP + ABP EHH).

IainB:
@app103: Thanks. I did all those steps. No go.
So, if it's not a mistake, then maybe that CSS script has a conflict with something else in my add-ons and it just gets nullified.
I don't know anything much about CSS script (though it seems pretty straightforward).
I know nothing about relevant priorities or potential conflicts of these scripts and add-ons.

app103:
@app103: Thanks. I did all those steps. No go.
So, if it's not a mistake, then maybe that CSS script has a conflict with something else in my add-ons and it just gets nullified.
I don't know anything much about CSS script (though it seems pretty straightforward).
I know nothing about relevant priorities or potential conflicts of these scripts and add-ons.
-IainB (December 18, 2011, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

The file does not exist by default. You have to create it. There is a sample file included, which contains "sample" as part of the file name. Use that one, following the instructions inside the file about where to paste the code, then change the file name to userContent.css (Be careful, there is also another file sample for userChrome. Don't use that one for this!)

Also, make sure you are placing it in the correct profile. Each Firefox profile should have their own. I once made this mistake and wondered for the longest time what I was doing wrong.

IainB:
@app103: Thanks again.
Well, I triple-checked, and I had (as I said) done it "by the book" - which was also exactly as you had directed, I think.
The file path is: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2vuv8r8c.default\chrome\userContent.css
That was where the example file was also, which I copied, renamed and edited to include the script you provided.
Couldn't be simpler - right?     :(

Content of that userContent.css file:
Spoiler/*
 * Edit this file and copy it as userContent.css into your
 * profile-directory/chrome/
 */

/*
 * This file can be used to apply a style to all web pages you view
 * Rules without !important are overruled by author rules if the
 * author sets any.  Rules with !important overrule author rules.
 */

/*
 * example: turn off "blink" element blinking
 * blink { text-decoration: none ! important; }
 */

/*
 * example: give all tables a 2px border
 * table { border: 2px solid; }
 */

/*
 * example: turn off "marquee" element
 * marquee { -moz-binding: none; }
 */

/*
 * For more examples see http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html
 */

/* BEGIN Google ad tweaks */
 @-moz-document domain("google.com"){

#tads{
         border:5px solid red !important;
     }
     .std{
     }
     #tadsb{
     }

}
  /* END Google ad tweaks */

app103:
@IainB: I can not see where the problem is. All looks good to me.

Perhaps Stylish might work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version