ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Make a music mix for burning on audio disc - software?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I like Burrrn also. The last Burrrn portable version worked fine for me on Vista64(the only "bug" was in the scrolling log sometimes the entries would be duplicated, but the job completed perfectly.) It seemed to flake out sometimes on Windows Seven. Either it would burn perfectly or quit with an error. One of those deals where if you just hit it again it may work.

I do Imgburn for all my DVD burning but for CD I've had very good luck with CDBurnerXP. It even has some cover and insert print functions for free.

tomos:
I hadnt noticed that Burrrn also has a player,
and replay gain :up:
Will try.

NigelH:
Ashampoo Burning Studio is a fairly capable burning suite.
It can sort (well, shift around the order) as well as play files in the list you're about to burn (I see this in version 10)
They've given away numerous copies over the years in various promotions, but I do not know if any of those versions have this capability.

Having said that, here are a few links.
Note that version numbers do not always match directly with the version numbers that Ashampoo sell.
Burning Studio Element at Chip.de
Burning Studio 2010 advanced
Burning Studio 2010 - has direct DL link from Ashampoo

Lastly, current Christmas give away from Ashampoo (coupon is in the link - you should see it in the coupon code box)
Ashampoo Christmas giveaway

tomos:
haven't done this for quite some time.. but i used Burrrn back then when i needed to burn to an audio CD. you can also check out this tutorial.-lanux128 (December 12, 2011, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Burrrn looks nice, also works with flac (which I dont use).
But it uses Windows Media Player to play the tracks. Or tries to - WMP couldnt find them :(
Which leads me to belatedly reply to techidave...

can't you do all that with Windows Media Player?
-techidave (December 11, 2011, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

because of it's bad reputation in the past, I've never even tried Windows Media Player till recently. I moved to Windows 7 this summer so I thought I'd give it a go - I dont know what it does but it starts going mad doing "things" as soon as I start it. Trying to index all my music I think (but IIRC also trying to download stuff related to the music) but it didnt ask me what I wanted so I just closed it down & didnt bother again.
Lately I tried to use it again, was unhappy (cant remember why now) and closed it down. It was not showing in the tray but after a while I noticed that something was hogging cpu - it turns out it was still running - it showed in task manager, so I killed it.
Burrrn, as I say tried to use it, but it couldnt find the file - Trout (Skwire) had no problem finding the same file from the same playlist, CDBurnerXP had no problem either, so I reckon I'll continue avoiding WMP...

MilesAhead:
In the past I did everything I could to stop WMP from running.  But it turns out WMP 12 has support for both PGS subtitles and XSub subs embedded in avi/divx. So I do use it on occasion esp. when a video has one of those subtitle types(VLC also has this support but it crashes as soon as I touch it when a video is playing.)

I try to blunt the WMP negatives by turning off network media sharing, all the stuff I can regarding its library functions etc..  You are right.  The indexing will totally hog your system if you let it. Also I set everything regarding doing anything on the internet to disabled.

I think I have it peacefully coexisting.  At least for the time being. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version