ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any recommendations for mp3 streaming/playing module for a website?

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
I know nothing about website designing/programming, but I'm good enough with computers to put together a simple website with the proper no-brainer tools like Dreamworks (I don't know if this is still a good software, I used Dreamworks to make a couple of webpages 5 years ago!).  And I can also tweak a little bit of code if necessary, but nothing major.

I'm looking to make a webpage that simply has a bunch of text on it and also a place for the user to play an mp3.  I don't want them to be able to download the mp3, just play it off the webpage, kind of like you see on those annoying myspace sites.  Is there some module or program that people recommend for this?  I'd like the user to have pretty good control on the mp3 file, as in they should be able to play/stop, rewind/ff either with dragging the scrollbar AND with buttons, and I'd also like them to be able to see the time remaining/played on the display.  In other words, I don't want just a simple play and stop button.

That being said, from a user standpoint, what do people prefer?  Do people prefer to play the music directly from the website, or do people like to click on a song and have it open up in their own computer's default player?  I don't really care if people download the song, so I can make it ultra easy and just link the mp3 file, but I wanted to be just a little more sophisticated!

By the way, this is for a monthly music contest, where people listen to a song and discuss the details of the tune.

mouser:
great question, i look forward to reading the replies!

brotherS:
Since that is a rather special question you might not get many answers from DC members. In that case I suggest you try Google, then the Winamp forum, then maybe one or two forums of (smaller) radio stations that are using what you want.

Good luck!

Veign:
This is something I came across a long time ago and saved.

Also, the Wimpy Player comes recommened for a more powerful and professional solution.

superboyac:
Since that is a rather special question you might not get many answers from DC members. In that case I suggest you try Google, then the Winamp forum, then maybe one or two forums of (smaller) radio stations that are using what you want.

Good luck!
-brotherS (March 24, 2006, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really?  I did a search last night for this question, but I couldn't word the search good enough to get any helpful results.  I thought DC would be a perfect place to ask this.  I like the way people think in here.  Let's see if anyone responds, then I'll check out some of the other forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version