ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 RELEASE: Christian Prayer Minder

<< < (4/14) > >>

Ath:
I was painfully reminded of a .NET irritation
-kyrathaba (December 14, 2011, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's more a Vista/Win7 thing than just a .NET thing ;)

wraith808:
I was painfully reminded of a .NET irritation: your program cannot write to the application directory. Silly: why not? Grrr...
-kyrathaba (December 14, 2011, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because you're supposed to write to the AppData folder.  That's for security reasons, so that what's in the program files folder is only what you install, and that it can be locked down for UAC

kyrathaba:
Because you're supposed to write to the AppData folder.  That's for security reasons, so that what's in the program files folder is only what you install, and that it can be locked down for UAC

--- End quote ---

Ah, I figured it must be a User Access Control thing. I guess to prevent any other program from writing to your application directory, it also has to prevent your app itself...

kyrathaba:
Version 1.0.1.1 is available. This version requires the uninstall of the previous version (v1.0.0.9) and manual install of the new version. The reason for this is that I changed some code in the methods that check for an available update and download an available file. You will be able to update to v1.0.1.2 and later version from the program's Update menu item.

kyrathaba:
Versions 11 and 12 were released in quick succession because I found potentially program-crashing bugs and wanted to get the fix available immediately. Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version