ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Alias sharing

<< < (3/9) > >>

mouser:
im incorporating all of these into new FARR v2 default aliases, but I'd love to hear more suggested aliases to add..

speak up -- now is your chance to have your favorite aliases make history!  :P

cnewtonne:
Here're mine...

Creating new outlook items
alias name: ol
----------------------------------------
journal | c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /c ipm.activity
appointment | c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /c ipm.appointment
contact | c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /c ipm.contact
message | c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /c ipm.note
note | c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /c ipm.stickynote
task | c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /c ipm.task

Shutting down system with timer using native commands.
Alias: sys
argument: number of seconds
----------------------------------------
LOGOFF $$1 secs | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -i -l -t $$1
REBOOT $$1 secs | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r -f -t $$1
SHUTDOWN $$1 secs | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t $$1
above INTERACTIVE $$1 | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -i -t $$1
ABORT above $$1 | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -a -t $$1

JoTo:
Hi there,

the last versions of FARR v2 added some duplicate email-alias entries. That makes me to have a closer look at them all. And then i decided to try to improve the very complicated (at least two different) email-aliases and try to merge them in a "one fits all" one.

This is what i get so far, and it works for me very well. So this version is the one and only email alias i now need and use:

Group Alias Name: email
RegEx Pattern: ^email\s+([a-zA-Z0-9._%-]+@[A-Za-z0-9.-]+\.[A-Za-z]{2,4})\s*(.*)
Result: Email to $$1 with Subject $$2|mailto:$$1?subject=$$2

It accepts:

email [email protected]    (Brings up the default email editor with only a receipent - no subject)

email [email protected]  bla1 bla2 bla3 ... blaN  (Brings up the default email editor with a receipent AND a subject with all the words from bla1 upto blaN)

(For [email protected] also nicknames can be used that your email editor then understands and can expand it to real adresses)

If s.o. finds a bug or can improve, i would be glad to hear about that.

Greetings
JoTo

UPDATE:
Forgot to implement the lowercase letters in the character classes. So the first version will only work if regexmatching is set to case-insensitive. With this version it works in both modes.

rjbull:
Creating new outlook items
-cnewtonne (March 27, 2007, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

cnewtonne,

I take it this is for the "full" version of Outlook, not Express?

I thought of giving Outlook etc. an alias of Bureaucracy, which turned out to shorten by John Knowles' ABCZ system to "bury."  Which is about what I'd like to do with it...
 :mad:

justice:
Always wanted to use FARR instead of the taskbar or alt-tab? Want to switch to windows or tasks quickly? Use stt:

--- ---1000>>>Switch To Task>->stt $$1 |C:\Scripts\SwitchToTask\SwitchToTask.exe $$1>+>^stt (.*)Change the path to SwitchToTask.exe to the folder you extract the zip file to.

Then type in farr:

--- ---stt fox to switch to firefox (case insensitive regexes supported)

--- ---stt opera to switch to opera
or any other part of a window. Or a lot more powerful using AHK regular expressions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version