ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Url Pack 1.7.0.0

<< < (5/11) > >>

MilesAhead:
I don't think I understood what was bothering you at first. I'm thinking if you are typing in an editor applet in the browser, then you run UrlPack on another browser, even though the first browser is on top, the keyboard focus shifts to the other one. I can see the annoyance factor while trying to type.

If I still have it wrong please let me know. But in the meantime I'm going to play around with some code and see if there's a way I can launch the program(the second browser) with a No Activate flag.

If I find anything promising I'll post.

TaoPhoenix:
I don't think I understood what was bothering you at first. I'm thinking if you are typing in an editor applet in the browser, then you run UrlPack on another browser, even though the first browser is on top, the keyboard focus shifts to the other one. I can see the annoyance factor while trying to type.

If I still have it wrong please let me know. But in the meantime I'm going to play around with some code and see if there's a way I can launch the program(the second browser) with a No Activate flag.

If I find anything promising I'll post.
-MilesAhead (April 13, 2012, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is pretty much the problem. If you're doing stuff (editor applet - is that what they call these forum boxes?) and you run URL pack, it yanks you away multiple times. If you can get it to NotActivate, a trick that's fun with other apps is to slam them behind a second section of Transdesk, like throwing them in their own locked room. (I have to do it with Stickies because I have over 75 open which is an eye-explosion, but I want that program to make my 5 new stickies for that day. )

Same kind of thing with URLpack - Switch in Transdesk, launch it, then switch back to DC etc, and some 2 minutes later it will all be there loaded on that second desktop instance.

MilesAhead:
I tried opening with ShowNoActivate but that didn't work so well.  What I'm trying now is open then put the window on the bottom. But on my system it loads the pages so fast I can't tell. It seems like it may avoid stealing the keyboard focus except for a short flicker.  I've attached a zip with just UrlPack.exe. If the experiment works maybe I'll have another hotkey to set the browser to the bottom on each loop, and keep the default behavior for the default hotkey.

MilesAhead:
Hmm, I did find a bug where the Short Delay was ignored if you hit the hotkey on an active browser window.  So that's one thing anyway.

I'm still experimenting, but it doesn't look so good so far. :)

MilesAhead:
Url Pack 1.3.3.0 Fixed a bug where the short delay was ignored when invoking the hotkey on an active browser window.  Expanded valid delay ranges.

( @TaoPhoenix please download latest from my page as that has the short delay bug fix. )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version