ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Ad Muncher: keeps the brain intact while surfing the Net - beats AdBlock!

<< < (15/15)

superboyac:
I used to be tentative about beta software, but over the years I've barely had any stability issues with them.  I think the word beta has changed drastically over the years to the point now where beta is just normal to me now.  heck, is gmail still beta? 

CodeTRUCKER:
... heck, is gmail still beta? 
-superboyac (June 02, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

<off topic>
Do not know about gmail, but I ALWAYS considered M$ Windows "beta" until XP came along (and some would probably question this)!
</off topic>

urlwolf:
Josh, I'm surprised that you are switching to adblock.
Can you ellaborate on your experiences? Does it really work? For me, it missed a lot of ads, but it seems you can right-click and set rules. Not sure if it's worth it.
How much footwork is involved to get adblock working to the levels of admuncher (which is no work at all!)?

Thanks

Josh:
Well, here is the issue with point releases causing problems with other features. When you rewrite the filtering engine to process rules differently, thus making older versions not work with list updates, this to me indicates time for a new POINT release. Would it not?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version