ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Ad Muncher: keeps the brain intact while surfing the Net - beats AdBlock!

<< < (7/15) > >>

housetier:
AdBlock beats AdMuncher because AB works on my computer while AM does not. I would have loved to try it though...

Josh:
What do you mean it doesnt work on your computer? Is it because you run linux? If so, I dont think you can compare the two as this is obviously a windows based utility (for now, a linux port is planned once the major features are finished).

app103:
May I ask what version of ad muncher is installed and running? Also, what is the process name of the aol executable? I am sure that this either A. Is blocked in the newer builds of ad muncher, or B. Can easily be blocked by adding the process's name to the filter targets tab under options.
-Josh (July 14, 2006, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

These are not normal ad banners...they are some proprietary type of content produced with Rainman. Blocking these ads is very different than blocking a normal ad.

I didn't expect Ad Muncher to block them, as most developers don't know about these ads or what makes them tick.

The reason why TPA Ad Buster works is because the developer is a long time AOL user and creator of some of the best AOL plugins available.

I have sent an email to Jeff explaining the problem in as much detail as possible and offered to help him in any way I can. I would really like to see some other program pick up where TPA left off.

Josh:
I am sure he will get this working. All we need to do is find a copy of aol 8.0 which is nearly impossible to find :-/

housetier:
edit:
this post has caused too much discomfort

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version