ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Thanks, with questions...

<< < (3/6) > >>

mouser:
i find that taking care of these lingering issues can sometimes be the most time consuming, but if you guys are willing to help me out by testing stuff, we'll get them all fixed and have the program performing perfectly as soon as possible.

mouser:
I have the excel weirdness on Win2K and WinXP.  The first file opens no problem but if the second excel file opens beneath the first one, FindRun just stays open and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get it away.
--- End quote ---

two questions:

can you get this to reliably happen, ie if i upload an attempted fix will we be able to test it and know whether i've fixed the problem or is this one of those mysterious bugs that only happens on rare occasions.  a reproducable bug is worth its weight in gold..

second question,
are you running it using the "slower but less memory/resources" mode to run the program? and if the bug is reproducable, can you see if the bug happens with both?

kfitting:
The Excel weirdness seems to only happen with the less memory version of the program on Win2K. I tried running both and with the faster version it opened correclty.  With the slower version it hung while opening the second file.   It seems to be reproducible.  Won't promise it though!  Let me know if you have more questions.

Kevin

mouser:
i'm uploading a new version to test;
when you get a chance could you let me know if the the launching problems persist in the dif modes;
i just tested it on my win2k vmware machine and it ran ok, so this is one of those things where your help is invaluable.

see future post for url

just exit the program if its currently running, and install this version over old version.

if you'd prefer i upload just the changed exe without installer i'd be happy to do that in the future.

i'm working my way through fix list.  so far things that i addressed:

* fixed bug that could result in program trying to save changed options more than necesary
* changed default launch history to 50 items
* fixed (maybe) gray empty header on launch in details mode with no items
* fixed bug causing flash of previous items when clear on restart is checked
* double click now toggles view when using fast style launcher
* fixed bug where on trigger you would see previous find list first before it resets
* adding exclusion rules for apps now adds these rules to pattern match box not history box, and removes any existing entry from history launch.
* some apparent "hanging" of the program was due to obscured windows, hopefully fixed now.
* adding an exclusion now forces score to -9999 even if a prior rule exists
* new window transparency control in options
* by default moves recent docs and desktop links to top of search list and enabled by default.
* pressing down arrow during search stops search and moves cursor into results view. 
* fixed bug with scrollbars on long listviews.
* slightly improved icon.
* Cursor arrows in and out of search box works better now. 

Note to Upgraders:
i realized from discussions here that the "recent documents" and "desktop" and maybe even "favorites" directory entries in the search path tab should be enabled and moved to top.  they are that way by default with this new version, but if you're upgrading it won't modify your existing settings so i suggest you enable those and move them to top by default.

nudone:
is this new version just a bug fix edition as you say mouser or does it feature any new features that were discussed earlier in this forum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version