ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Image Manager Shootout

Where is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0??

<< < (3/10) > >>

moerl:
Sounds good, but that's exactly what I meant. Personally I detest folder-based organizational structures. That's why I love GMail's labels. Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 makes it very easy to organize your entire collection of photos completely independently of folders. It imports the images into its own database file, (not sure if it copies the actual images or if it just creates references.. I'm guessing the latter would make more sense and would be more efficient), and then lets you organize ALL of them from one place. That's what I love about it. Now, what do you have to say about ACDSee's handling of this "problem"? Can what I just described be done in ACDSee?

nudone:
your description of photoshop elements sounds like what picassa 2 does to me and yet you don't like that. i must have missed something in elements that was nicer than picassa.

if you wished, you could add any number of notes or labels to images in acdsee and then view things accordingly - regardless of the folder structure.

as has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, 'notes' and 'labels' are super powerful ways of organising files/information. the only bad thing is that perhaps a lot of us haven't realised just how useful this method is of managing our collections. i certainly keep forgetting to organise my images using labels and notes and yet i know that in the long run it would be a great time saver.

back to your question of can acdsee do something similar to what you use photoshop elements for - yes, it can, but you probably aren't going to gain anything by switching to it if you are happy with your current method.

moerl:
Well if ACDSee can do what APE 4.0 can do, I think a switch to ACDSee would be justified, simply because ACDSee, though it may not have as sexy an interface as APE's, is packed with far more useful features than is APE. The APE organizer is more or less bare. It does come with a good feature-set, but it's not all TOO special. I've never much used its editor but I assume it's fairly powerful. ACDSee probably has many more useful features than APE offers. I'll have to see. I wonder just how well ACDSee can "replicate" the excellent organizer in APE :)

nudone:
can you give me and idea of what you typically do with photoshop elements, i.e. do you transfer your photos from camera to hard drive then pick out certain ones and give them a specific tag, then tag some others, and then a few more, etc. until you have tagged every image.

or do you tag a few and then organise the rest by their date or some other attribute.

i'm curious as to your none folder specific method.

moerl:
You gotta be kidding... a Google AdSense posterbot? Wow. lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version