ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IE 7.0 Beta 2: Any takers?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
This is how I feel now ...

lanux128:
oh shoot, what have i done! i'm sorry all this happened :o
i'm having intermittent problems like kimmchii but nothing major.

it seems like i've jumped the gun, it looked like a great idea at that time.
my profound apologies to Carol, Darwin, kimmchii and anyone else who had tried the above and had their systems screwed-up. Down with beta-testing IE7 :down: :down:

Update: on the original website, there are other users who followed this tip and now are having problems... sorry everyone...

Cpilot:
Down with beta-testing IE7
--- End quote ---
Well it seems to me that this tweak is the problem not IE7. As I said above I downloaded and installed the beta and have been running it since March. With absolutely no problem.
Tabs work great, it loads quickly, I got the google search bar installed and it runs with no problems.
It has been stable and working great on my WinXP SP2.

Carol Haynes:
Don't worry lanux128, not your fault - I was daft enough to try it.

The stupid thing is that I have VMWare installed and I could just as easily have tried it there with no potential conflicts!

lanux128:
Well it seems to me that this tweak is the problem not IE7. As I said above I downloaded and installed the beta and have been running it since March. With absolutely no problem.
Tabs work great, it loads quickly, I got the google search bar installed and it runs with no problems.
It has been stable and working great on my WinXP SP2.-Cpilot (April 17, 2006, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, beta-testing was not the problem. got carried away a bit. ;)

@Carol: maybe a test environment like Sandboxie would saved us all this trouble. anyway, going to check up on VMWare.

IE 7.0 Beta 2: Any takers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version