ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IE 7.0 Beta 2: Any takers?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Tried this and it has some odd effects running in this manner:

1) Pop up blocking seems to be on (even when it says it is switched off) and consequently it is not easy to set the proferences on the first page to load when you run it.

2) Printing doesn't seem to work

3) IE Toolbars seem to be a little messed up

4) Advanced options in Internet Options are missing.

All in all it doesn't feel quite right.

Is it like this if you install it properly?

kimmchii:
Tried this and it has some odd effects running in this manner:

All in all it doesn't feel quite right.

Is it like this if you install it properly?
-Carol Haynes (April 17, 2006, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
i have other issues, homepage wont change, it keeps going back to MSN, zoom doesnt work.

when i did a proper install last time, everything was good.

edit:
4) Advanced options in Internet Options are missing. == same here. :(

Carol Haynes:
DO NOT DO THIS

It has FUBARed my system completely ...

IE 6 no longer works properly
I can't fix IE6
Windows Media Player is dead (Internal error on startup)

Whole system is a complete mess.

I have tried reapplying WinXPSP2 patch (which is recommended for a misconfigured IE setup) and it doesn't work.

Having made a huge mess I tried installing IE7 beta to see if I could fix the messed IE6 settings but even that will not install at all. It completes the process but says it has failed. (Errors in a log somewhere but I can't find them).

Now going to try and run windows repair!

Darwin:
OK I'm an ass... I should have posted a warning about this but thought it was just me: the installaion that I referred to above (March 22) was done via the instructinos linked to above supposedly allowing one to run IE  6 and 7 side by side. I had to restore an older Acronis TrueImage to get everything operational again.

Sorry, Carol, looks like I could have saved you the trouble.

Carol Haynes:
Seven hours later I have a system that works (sort of again) but it has some strange anomalies (like Firefox now sucks up to 85% of CPU time even when I just scroll a window). This happens even when I run the system with a 'bare' startup set (ie. all startup items disabled and only MS services enabled). Anyone any ideas what is going on?

This really did some serious damage - every time I tried to repair my Windows installation from my XPSP2 disc it failed. I finally got a system back after using an XPSP1 disc instead and then applying the SP2 update again.

I think I may take the opportunity to recover useful bits and pieces, deactivate software I need to (Adobe in particular) and then reinstall windows from scratch!! Could have done without it at the moment though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version