ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Nea

<< < (2/2)

ewemoa:
Added "ShowFARRAtPointer" -- this should cause FARR's main window to show up close to the pointing device cursor.  I use this to shorten dragging distances.  

odd tricksAs a side note, after dropping some file or folder on to FARR's main window, it's possible to then move the FARR main window close to some target destination and drag FARR's first result off on to some target.  This is a round-about way of doing drag and drop -- utilizing FARR as a sort of "raft".

Also been using Nea as a sort of AHK_L script manager of sorts and have added some non-FARR-related scripts:

* SevenZipHere - requires 7-Zip
* RakeHere - requires Rake (tested with Ruby 1.9.3)

SevenZipHere tries to detect some current path (e.g. active Windows Explorer window or containing folder of file open in Notepad++) and open 7-Zip with that path.

RakeHere tries to detect some current path (e.g. active Windows Explorer window or some window that has a title that starts with a full path) and if it finds a Rakefile, attempts to display a pop-up menu of Rakefile tasks (ones that have descriptions).  Invocation of a pop-up menu item should then lead to the corresponding rake task being executed.

So with a Rakefile like:

you might get a pop-up like:

I have punted on trying to support Windows 7 by the end of the year as I don't appear to have reliable access to the OS (due to sharing of computing resources).

ewemoa:
Changed to "Release".

Also added "CommandPromptHere" -- as I don't tend to go for registry-modifying programs, but I like this functionality.  It has an option of specifying a batch file to get CALLed before the cd to the target directory.  See the source for details :)

I use this pretty much on a daily basis on an XP SP3 machine.  I know it has some problems under Windows 7, but YMMV depending on which scripts you choose to use.

kyrathaba:
Cool  :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Made some modifications to the included README.txt file and reuploaded.  Hope that doesn't cause any trouble.

ewemoa:
Modified MayBeRunFARR to allow execution from Nea's menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version