ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: NoteMe

<< < (9/13) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Version 1.1.0 out with the following changes:

* Reimplemented local mail send component - moved away from central server

To update, click on the download link in the opening post, or use Help > Check for Updates. The server mail sending functionality will be shut down Wed February 1st 2012. Could you please test this release and let me know if you  have issues using it with your mail settings?

This version should resolve any hacking/security/privacy issues mentioned in the topic.
-justice (January 09, 2012, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

So how does this work now? I have webmail, not Outlook / other. Will it still send notes?

rgdot:
Works well for me, however after entering the mail password (test email being sent) I get this.

justice:
So how does this work now? I have webmail, not Outlook / other. Will it still send notes?
-TaoPhoenix (January 09, 2012, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
You will need to enter the SMTP (outgoing mail) settings for your webmail service. If you cannot find the information in the help section of your webmail provider, you might be able to find it at the Mozilla ISP Database site (I cannot guarantee the settings listed there are correct).

For GMail I am currently using these settings:

--- ---[SMTP]
[email protected]
server=smtp.gmail.com:587
[email protected]
password=mypassword

Works well for me, however after entering the mail password (test email being sent) I get this.  (see attachment in previous post)
-rgdot (January 09, 2012, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
This happens when sendEmail is waiting for the mailserver to respond, I noticed this today as well. I had set the server line for gmail incorrectly to smtp.googlemail.com:465, what is your email domain / mail provider rgdot? sorry for the unhelpful interface dialog.

rgdot:
Just gmail. When prompted I entered password in mail.ini and it worked (test email was sent). After that the dialog came up.

hornet:
Version 1.1.0 out ....This version should resolve any hacking/security/privacy issues mentioned in the topic.
-justice (January 09, 2012, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Downloaded and install oK on Dell Inspiron running Win 7 /64.

Is there any way it would be possible to set a "Subject" in the email?

Even if it was a default subject we could access in the ini file?

Regards,

Harry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version