ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: NoteMe

<< < (2/13) > >>

kyrathaba:
Really cool stuff  :D

justice:
Version 0.3.0 out with the following changes:
* Zero configuration, messages are sent server side via GMail!
* Swoosh sound is played when messages are sent successfully, otherwise you get an alert with the error
* Privacy policy added to opening post and readme
* Bug Fixes & performance increases

Probably some people won't like that NoteMe is now centrally processing messages and that mails are stored in the trash folder of gmail, but I am aiming for easy of use and reliability. no longer the case as of version 1.1.0

skwire:
Slick, justice.  Nice work.   :)

jgpaiva:
Probably some people won't like that NoteMe is now centrally processing messages and that mails are stored in the trash folder of gmail, but I am aiming for easy of use and reliability.
-justice (December 06, 2011, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
I assume you are using an account hardcoded into the program?
Personally, I wouldn't be very confortable with this, especially because someone could get those credentials from the binary and read lots of information from other people. (They could at least build a decent spam list from emails sent using your program, which scares me a bit)
Maybe you could warn people about it and allow them to change to a different account through an options dialog?

[edit] I really should start reading the whole threads before replying  :-[ What I'm complaning about does not happen, see here for details [/edit]

justice:
No login details or passwords are stored in the program, only a url to a serverside script is. See the opening post for info and readme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version