ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Web designer needed to convert a Joomla template to a WordPress theme

<< < (4/4)

tranglos:
9 times out of 10 I find 1 or more references to say the logo file and then I can replace them on a case-by-case basis or do an automated search-and-replace.-JavaJones (January 04, 2012, 05:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not quite what I meant though - I know I can be long-winded and that doesn't help clarity. It's not about finding the image. It's about making your own image, with your text and maybe a logo, that fits the style of the theme. If you take the theme I used as an example and replace the brown-and-blue "obsidian" header picture with, say, Google's logo, the effect will be rather crappy, wouldn't you agree?

So basically when you buy a commercial template like this, you may also need to buy the services of a professional graphic designer who will make a logo for you that goes well with the theme. That, or you have to name your site "Obsidian" :)

JavaJones:
9 times out of 10 I find 1 or more references to say the logo file and then I can replace them on a case-by-case basis or do an automated search-and-replace.-JavaJones (January 04, 2012, 05:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not quite what I meant though - I know I can be long-winded and that doesn't help clarity. It's not about finding the image. It's about making your own image, with your text and maybe a logo, that fits the style of the theme. If you take the theme I used as an example and replace the brown-and-blue "obsidian" header picture with, say, Google's logo, the effect will be rather crappy, wouldn't you agree?

So basically when you buy a commercial template like this, you may also need to buy the services of a professional graphic designer who will make a logo for you that goes well with the theme. That, or you have to name your site "Obsidian" :)
-tranglos (January 04, 2012, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahhh yes, I see what you mean. Unfortunately that's much more a matter of artistic/design skill (which I too lack). As you say, hiring a graphic designer would be the best bet in that case, but not cheap.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version